Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sorry for the vague title benefits/pension query

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
I claim contributions based ESA and I'm on an occupational pension.
Every year my ex employer sends me a letter to tell me what that year's pension is.
Every year the DWP send me a form and I have to send the letter and fill out the form.
This year they haven't.
They have normally done it by now.
They said I did not notify them last year of my pension and they deduced several pounds off my ESA
Getting through to them on the phone is a nightmare especially for an autistic person and once I got through to a call handler who said someone would get back to me and they never.
I'm no good at navigating when you have to speak to a robot, I get through to the wrong part.
I just want them to have this years copy of my pension letter from my ex employer.
Could I go to the job centre.
I don't want them thinking I am failing to let them know my latest pension, and I don't want my benefits stopping.
Thanks

Last edited:
I claim contributions based ESA and I'm on an occupational pension.
Every year my ex employer sends me a letter to tell me what that year's pension is.
Every year the DWP send me a form and I have to send the letter and fill out the form.
This year they haven't.
They have normally done it by now.
They said I did not notify them last year of my pension and they deduced several pounds off my ESA
Getting through to them on the phone is a nightmare especially for an autistic person and once I got through to a call handler who said someone would get back to me and they never.
I'm no good at navigating when you have to speak to a robot, I get through to the wrong part.
I just want them to have this years copy of my pension letter from my ex employer.
Could I go to the job centre.
I don't want them thinking I am failing to let them know my latest pension, and I don't want my benefits stopping.
Thanks
Idk anything about the content but generally with call centre systems, mashing 0 # or * eventually gets you a person.

I've also found with call centre systems that once you have gone as far as you can manage then just waiting will also get you a human being.

I rang at 09.14, I waited an hour. They had "listenable" music on so it didn't get on my nerves. The call handler said they already had my info which was not possible, so they put me through to ESA and I gave him the info over the phone and he said he would send me a return envelope to put a copy of my pension letter in, they also gave me the address to write to if I don't want to phone in future.

Since they said they already had the info is it possible that your ex-employer may sent them the info directly rather than just rely on you to pass it on? is it possible for you to check that with them?

HMRC informed the DWP about my pension.
Thanks, I will make a call each year when I get it. The hold times are a pain, but ok if I have something to keep me busy, something not too involved so I can listen out for my call to be answered.

Back
Top Bottom