Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So then, Father Ted or IT crowd ?

Father Ted is near the top of attainments by the human species. It's what organised religion was invented for.

The IT Crowd was OK but I lost interest fairly early when I realised it wasn't nearly as good.

So what do I say to this poll? Feck off, poll.

I'm a fan of both but Ted is way better. One of the best ever in fact. IT Crowd doesn't compare although the Matt Berry character is absolutely brilliant; 'there were rumours that there was a rumour, but that was just bullshit' lol.

Asking me to choose between Father Ted and the IT Crowd is like asking me to choose between Tuvok and Chakotay; can't be done and I ain't gonna do it.

There are moments in Father Ted that are some of the funniest things I've ever seen (The Hitler moustache, Mrs Doyle falling off the window sill, and so on) but some episodes have quite dull stretches, usually scenes that don't involve the main few characters. Also possibly because I've seen them all so many times.
I currently get more laughs from watching the IT Crowd or Black Books. But Father Ted is a fucking classic and always will be.

Computer nerds don't feel the need to turn everything into a pissing contest. :)

You surely jest. :D There's loads of snotty computer nerds on the web arguing the toss. Most of whom I assume are socially maladjusted addalescent blokes. That's even before you get to the Apple vs Windows vs Linux, my gaming rig's better than yours...

Last edited:
Ted by a mile
471a56df8ecf8a994622d38e33b31159.jpg

I say no. It's not a sitcom. Amando Iannucci is great though, no question.

Iannucci is undoubtedly a genius, and has probably been involved in more great comedy than anyone else (Day Today, Partridge, Armistice, Thick Of It). However, I don't think he had anything to do with Big Train. Linehan and Mathews wrote the first series together, and Mathews the second on his own. I'm not sure who produced it, but it's not mentioned on Iannucci's wiki entry.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom