Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2024-25

stavros

I'm starting this now, as tomorrow Channel 5 have something called "Snooker 900" on. It's apparently a "fast-paced" version of the game, and will feature Hendry and White, possibly against one another.

Anyway, this is the thread to comment on that, and all other snooker adventures between now and the World Championships in May.

Oh aye, that 15 minute game (900 seconds).

Not a massive fan of the shorter formats, time clocks etc, personally but I'll tune in to see Jimmy White.

Cheers for the heads up

Will be watching the 900 later, enjoyed it last time.

Some finish to the inaugural Saudi Arabia Masters! I guess it's worth going over there to win £500,000! 😮

It’s moderately entertaining, but it’s not snooker, just as penalty shoot outs are not football. Too much noise and razzmatazz. Also, far too many adverts. And it’s perturbing seeing Jimmy White look so old and forget the silly new rules. This is not for me.

A square table? :confused: :mad: although I see the point

eta: not a square table? strange angle the camera's at

I like the spots on the white to show the spin.

Table should be higher so the older players don't need to bend down as much :(

A square table? :confused: :mad: although I see the point

I like the spots on the white to show the spin.

Table should be higher so the older players don't need to bend down as much :(

Is it square? I thought it was just slightly smaller and more squat than a real one, with foreshortening from the camera view.

yes there was an angle off from the side where it showed it's regulation shape. And someone's using rest so presume same size table - would be silly doing one especially.

Pool table ftw

I need to watch this so I can condemn it. If you want a fast game 9 ball pool is right over there on eurosport. The pace and rhythm of lengthy sessions is half the game, who is commanding the pace etc.

Bit gutted for Jimmy, but he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Likewise Stephen, the career winner, who's now quite amiable about playing shit, having not practiced.

Back
Top Bottom