Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sinner Or Winner Man Comes To Brixton

Citizen66 said:
Well whenever I've seen threads on here bashing Islam the people who immediately leap to the defence start bashing Christianity which is why I know there's a LOT of bigotry around these waters.

I don't think anyone here would bash Christians to defend Islam... Can you give examples... All regions are bad since they restrict rights based on some fairy stories that sound good to 12 yr olds...

Citizen66 said:
You don't need to tell me the ins and outs of monotheistic organised religions and yes, they're all about politics. I don't believe in any of it but I still don't see this guy as anything other than an eccentric.

So... You understand religions are a bad idea, but you defend his right to promote his religion... :confused:

Citizen66 said:
I pass him DAILY cloth head and I've never seen him abuse anyone. He rambles on into mid air it isn't directed at anyone in particular. However, I find some of the intolerance displayed here far nastier than any of the shite the bible basher comes out with.

And I will defend his right to free speech, yes.

Sorry, every time I've seen him in action, Toggle's description is much more apt.

toggle said:
plus, as you ahve mentioned he's got a very nasty habit of being extremely abusive to, usually young women who dress or act in a manner that doesn't meet his approval. it's quite irrelevant whether he's a bit different, or even what he is preaching, but for women who live and work in an area, they have a right to walk down the streets without some arsehole following them making personal comments about their appearance and speculating about their sex lives every time they walk to work.

he's not a 'lovable local character' He's a misogynist bully

Free speech has nothing to do with it, from those occasions alone, this guy is a nasty piece of work.

jæd said:
So... You understand religions are a bad idea, but you defend his right to promote his religion... :confused:

more to the point, to hide behind his religion, which supposedly gives him a right to heap abuse people who he doesn't approve on, which going from the experiences I, and people I know have of him, seems to be young women far too often for it to be random.

pogofish said:
this guy is a nasty piece of work.

Oh go and blow it up your own arse :D Have you ever actually come across people who are really nasty pieces of work in reality? Do you live in cloud cuckoo land or what?

So... You understand religions are a bad idea, but you defend his right to promote his religion...

Yes, because if we censor him then perhaps we'll be the next ones for the same axe to fall upon.

jæd said:
I don't think anyone here would bash Christians to defend Islam... Can you give examples... All regions are bad since they restrict rights based on some fairy stories that sound good to 12 yr olds...

Sure I don't think it'll be too difficult to find one.

WoW puts it best I reckon.

My wife works in Oxford Circus and she would have throttled him when he was around there ;) .

She witnessed him being very abusive once but I can't remember the story, I'll ask her if I can be fucked/remember.

Citizen66 said:
Yes, because if we censor him then perhaps we'll be the next ones for the same axe to fall upon.

Are you planning on walking about oxford street with a megaphone abusing women then? I'm not, and I'll defend their right to walk the streets without having a misogynist, abusive twat following them and harassing them before I defend his right to be a twat.

Citizen66 said:
Have you ever actually come across people who are really nasty pieces of work in reality? Do you live in cloud cuckoo land or what?

Yes - plenty & he ticks all the right boxes. :rolleyes:

If we were behaving in the same way, yes I'd expect it. Again, this is malicious & menacing behaviour. Sod-all to do with free speech & IME, cunts of his ilk are amongst the least likley to respect the principle anyway. :rolleyes: :p

Citizen66 said:
6 posts into a thread about Islam and the Christian digs appear.

You can't deny the bare facts :p

What...? That the vast majority of people find him either offensive, or annoying. Or both...?

Look... You're defending someone who is intimidating people with sexist/homophobia/religious intolerance... Do you defend racists for their "freedom of speech" as well...? :rolleyes:

jæd said:
What...? That the vast majority of people find him either offensive, or annoying. Or both...?

Look... You're defending someone who is intimidating people with sexist/homophobia/religious intolerance... Do you defend racists for their "freedom of speech" as well...? :rolleyes:

Oh go and screw yourself with your rolleyes you great numpty. :D

I'm talking about what I know of the guy from personal experience so obviously I'm not going to join your wanky litttle bash-fest when I haven't actually seen him like that myself am I?

Do you honestly think that I believe everything I'm told just because it might fit some silly little agenda that I have? And yes, even bigots have freedom of speech (I work with plenty) and as deplorable as their opinions are I have to accept that they can express it in order for me to be able to counter their mindset.

Someone who prefers their personal experience and interpretation over the considered and overwhelming evidence from other sources is, in my view, a faith-based nutter :p

Citizen66 said:
Oh go and screw yourself with your rolleyes you great numpty. :D

Ho-hum...

Citizen66 said:
I'm talking about what I know of the guy from personal experience so obviously I'm not going to join your wanky litttle bash-fest when I haven't actually seen him like that myself am I?

I think you'll find the people who find him annoying, intimidating and generally offensive are also doing this from their personal experience...

Crispy said:
Someone who prefers their personal experience and interpretation over the considered and overwhelming evidence from other sources is, in my view, a faith-based nutter :p

I don't see any 'evidence' and as I don't believe he has convictions for harrassing women I'm not going to judge him based on hearsay, it's such a dangerous thing to get involved in witch hunts based on Chinese whispers :)

But you're quite close to the mark on the nutter bit :p

Citizen66 said:
I don't see any 'evidence' and as I don't believe he has convictions for harrassing women I'm not going to judge him based on hearsay, it's such a dangerous thing to get involved in witch hunts based on Chinese whispers :)

Yep, because everyone is just making it up... :rolleyes: (Gotta wonder why he got the ASBO if he's such a very nice man)

jæd said:
Yep, because everyone is just making it up... :rolleyes: (Gotta wonder why he got the ASBO if he's such a very nice man)

His asbo was for noise disturbance, hardly the same as harrassing women is it?

Should we close down all free parties by the same standards?

(and please stop with the rolleyes it really does make you look lame :D )

Citizen66 said:

:rolleyes:

he started in Brixton

Used to be down the end of our road opposite the tube.
Couldn't hack it though
Heard him going the the are you a sinner, some geezer goes, yeah, wanna suck my cock? He no like it all
Next time I see him, Oxford Circus, same fucking crap rant
I want to piss on him

I saw him in Stratford last month, haven't seen him in Brixton yet.
He called me a sinner, I called him a cunt.

Citizen66 said:

I've heard him telling a young girl she was going to hell for wearing a very short skirt you total fucking cretin. Get yourself up to Camden on a Sunday and he'll inevitably be spouting something similar. In his case, it's not a question of free speech, it's a question of people (women in particular) having the right to walk down the street without some twisted religious perv giving them grief

i can see c66's point... it's a good one, he doesn't have to believe us without documentary evidence, and a wise person shouldn't be too quiick to listen to specialation.

i still think he needs a slap though, cos he's a nasty cunt. SOWG, not c66.

golightly said:
Didn't someone here on the boards spot him in Australia a while back? I have some vague memory of this.

Yes, from what I remember he was spotted preaching in a shopping mall in Sydney. There was a picture posted.

And for the record, I have seen him abusing young girls on a few occasions for what they were wearing. Some of them very young so forgive me for not defending a cunt who walks round with a megaphone abusing children.

Back
Top Bottom