Show us ya herbs and spices

9014947217438.jpg
-ed

:D

(old school label maker)

Mine are :cool::D

99722588-A4C4-4A18-898D-E82D3585294E.jpeg

Unfortunately shelf not big enough so there is overflow in the cupboard :oops:

161EC436-C5CF-44FE-A8BB-B7E017DF4327.jpeg A421A9A6-9A8C-457A-8663-9F52157C9FEE.jpeg

What's the average proportion of one of those bags of herbs and spices that actually gets used, in between purchase and someone realising that it's got a best before date from ten years ago? I reckon about 10%.

What's the average proportion of one of those bags of herbs and spices that actually gets used, in between purchase and someone realising that it's got a best before date from ten years ago? I reckon about 10%.
TBF, many herbs & spices are practically immortal, especially if left unopened or well sealed. I can't recall ever actually checking the BBE date on such things, so long as they've been kept dry & cool I'd probably just sprinkle with abandon. And I've never died once, not once.

Dried herbs go a bit yellow when they've had it and have very little flavour left in them. I've gradually been chucking them all out because if it's a green herb I use I'll grow it in my garden and have it fresh, which will always taste better.

Hope everyone has a bay tree. Essential and very good for you. Some famous food writer once said the most important herb you can put in your cooking is a bay leaf and the second best thing is another bay leaf.

Back
Top Bottom