Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should Joey Barton be banned?

Should Joey Barton get a life time ban from football?

• Total voters
Maybe not banned as such, but the mind boggles as to why managers want him on their team. He's a fucking liability. (and he's not even that good at football)

I'd imagine he's a bargain. Although he is a fuckwit.

The thread had me thinking that it was some horrific assault. Then I watched a video of a man kicking some one in the arse.
what am i missing

Because it's totally unnecessary, that's why. There is no need to boot somebody in frustrated retaliation when your own stupid behaviour gets you sent off the pitch. These people are in the public eye and as such, should think about the impressionable people who may be watching them behave like idiots.

I have seen considerably worse behaviour than this on a football pitch for sure, but that doesn't justify or mean we should excuse this sort of thing.

Not as smart as Tevez. As London Calling pointed out on another thread, Tevez played Barton like a violin.
tevez should have been sent off. it's beyond credibility that neither the referee or linesman saw him strike barton.

like a violin? lol! competent refereeing would have seen him down the tunnel and man city as runners up for the title.

City should give him a medal,they won the title in the extra minutes added onto the game caused by his antics on Sunday.

i want to see more of it to be honest. if a player gets punched, i want to see them punch their assailant back, not roll around on the floor like a massive crybaby, then running around two minutes later as if fuck all has happened. it show's how low the game has sunk that this kind of cheating is completely accepted.

If you're looking for entertainment, popping a begbie-like character in the middle of a bunch of multi-millionaires is just what the doctor ordered.

If it's about the purity of the sport, he doesn't belong on a pitch, coaching or comment(at)ing.

For me he's good entertainment...but I'll balance that by saying I think he's probably going to do at least one long stint in jail anyway.

It was shocking.

It was unprofessional.

It was a terrible example to youngsters.

but more than anything

It was very very funny.

i want to see more of it to be honest. if a player gets punched, i want to see them punch their assailant back, not roll around on the floor like a massive crybaby, then running around two minutes later as if fuck all has happened. it show's how low the game has sunk that this kind of cheating is completely accepted.

Can I suggest you watch hockey? Some blood in the Rangers - Capitals game the other night with no backing down. And they have sticks.

What's the fuss about? He kneed Aguero (who pretended he'd been shot), he tried to butt and missed Kompany and he mouthed off about those twats Shearer and Lineker on Twatter.

Not a bad days work tbh

He isn't intelligent at all. Having read a couple of books and liking The Smiths doesn't make someone intelligent (I wonder why people on U75 would think that ho ho ho)
Also, some people on the last page seemed to think that getting a degree shows intelligence, it really doesn't

No way should he be banned though, it was just him being shit at football again, he should get 10 matches out or something. Clubs shouldn't buy him because he will miss lots of matches by getting sent off but there are plenty of shit managers who will buy him....

Violent conduct on the field is nowhere near the worst things that footballers do in terms of bringing the game into disrepute

Back
Top Bottom