Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sheridan wins libel case

I'm sad this is over. I loved it, the whole thing was like an episode of a bad soap - sex, drugs, orgy, scrabble, champagne... it had it all.... shame it wasn't true I guess.

The implications are conspiratastic:eek:
Gets tin foil hat and retires to watch slander, libel and perjury fest commence.......;)

vince noir said:
Fuckin hell, how did he manage that....

he could not have managed it if you believe the version of the court case presented by most of the media - it a big slap in the face for the News of the World - £200,000 damages :)

Suppose we have to careful, so all i will say is that the route from the Evidence to the Verdict must have been a curious one :eek:

[sounds like an 'anti-NOW thing' as much as anything else]

So what is it about Wespec' and their Sister Party. Both have 'interesting' leaders who both win shed loads of cash from libel cases. Owls will certainly be involved.

greenman said:
How many people does this verdict implicate as liars?:confused:
More than that - people with serious mental health problems: 'i had a relationship with Tommy for years' - err.. no, you must have made it all up :eek:

Wonder what he'll spend it on?

Wine: nah, hes a non-drinker
Song: can't see him as much of a singer
So, that only leaves....

4thwrite said:
So what is it about Wespec' and their Sister Party. Both have 'interesting' leaders who both win shed loads of cash from libel cases. Owls will certainly be involved.

I don't think Sheridan and Galloway can be compared. i certainly don't think thier respective parties can be.

I just saw his speech on BBC News 24. He compared his victory to Gretna beating Real Madrid in the Bernabau on penalties. And I didn't know Motherwell fans had a sense of humour. Seriously though things dont seem to bode well for the SSP as a number of his colleagues in the Scottish Parliament testified on the side of the NOW.It looks like the establishment in Scotland have succeeded in their efforts to destroy the SSP

It's just a shame that the NOW will still be able to print its vile lies and New Labour/Tory propaganda.

Dave Mullen said:
I just saw his speech on BBC News 24. He compared his victory to Gretna beating Real Madrid in the Bernabau on penalties. And I didn't know Motherwell fans had a sense of humour. Seriously though things dont seem to bode well for the SSP as a number of his colleagues in the Scottish Parliament testified on the side of the NOW.It looks like the establishment in Scotland have succeeded in their efforts to destroy the SSP

It's just a shame that the NOW will still be able to print its vile lies and New Labour/Tory propaganda.

Very very true mate - despite the fact Tommy won - he, personally, will never be 'cleared' of this in the eyes of many and the SSP is badly dented if not destroyed, despite the fact the NoW lost - they still have plenty in the bank to continue spreading thier lies and slanders in other ways

'justice in the courts' my arse

dennisr said:
Very very true mate - despite the fact Tommy won - he, personally, will never be 'cleared' of this in the eyes of many and the SSP is badly dented if not destroyed, despite the fact the NoW lost - they still have plenty in the bank to continue spreading thier lies and slanders in other ways

'justice in the courts' my arse

Just a shame that libel damages aren't more punitive I'd love to see that Vile Aussie(American) tax dodger be put out of business.

It's good news, and it's always nice to see the Murdoch rags being pulled up on their dishonest crap, but it won't make much difference in the long run IMO. Like dennisr says, Sheridan's damaged goods now, whatever the legal verdict.

Just a shame that libel damages aren't more punitive I'd love to see that Vile Aussie(American) tax dodger be put out of business.

Yeah, strengthen the libel laws, make a law which ultimately protects the rich and powerful even stronger.

Punitive damages for libel are a fucking disgrace in this country.

Roadkill said:
It's good news, and it's always nice to see the Murdoch rags being pulled up on their dishonest crap, but it won't make much difference in the long run IMO. Like dennisr says, Sheridan's damaged goods now, whatever the legal verdict.

I wouldnt bet on that. You have to understand the standing of TS in the scottish working class. Hes now fought and defeated the Murdoch empire without a lawyer. another addition to the legend. I doubt hes as damaged in the areas that count for him as some think.

tollbar said:
I wouldnt bet on that. You have to understand the standing of TS in the scottish working class. Hes now fought and defeated the Murdoch empire without a lawyer. another addition to the legend. I doubt hes as damaged in the areas that count for him as some think.

I can't say I've been following the SSP shenanigans that closely but it seems to me that Colin Fox and his clique are the most likely people to be discredited in all of this.

Back
Top Bottom