Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shattifs, bum guns and bidets

Great timing that you should ask this question as I’m currently in an Airbnb which has one but I’m too afraid to try it.

Maybe this thread will encourage me to take the plunge, so to speak. There does seem a high risk of soaking the loo seat / walls / floor with diluted brown liquid due to ham fisted aiming though.

Why would they be illegal? We've got one downstairs, but I prefer the bidet upstairs. They came with the house, but I think it's much cleaner. And sometimes a godsend if you've got IBS.

I think gentlegreen has one.
I did but couldn't figure out how to use it in the absence of a wet room...
I use a cheap Chinese bidet seat - which takes a bit of care to prevent overshoot - something I've only noticed since I replaced the rotting bathroom floor - some of the rot was due top the previous one that leaked ...
When I relocate I will invest in some better kit ...

A desperate Muslim student once came in and cadged my colleague's empty water bottle - the loo was next door ...

Backflow. You need backflow prevention in order for it to be legal. I'm not sure if they can legally be piped to the normal water supply.
You can get double check valves to prevent that. Your supposed to fit them on outdoor taps (for hosepipes) and for showers over baths (non fixed shower head).

I just have a shower or if I'm really wanting a full clean, use a douche. I'm not a massive fan of bum hose guns, they just seem like another thing to go wrong, leak, spray water everywhere and generally accumulate germs.

Good timing for the thread! My partner bought one recently but we're still yet to fit it. Hopefully we don't do so illegally(!?).

They're convinced it's better than loo roll and that only the English are obsessed with how weird it is. Quite possibly true, I've never asked people from other countries tbh.

I'm certain I've used them before, but have no recollection of the logistics. No idea how you don't make a horrible mess.

I still can't figure out how one would use it - I suppose it's like the way some people manage to wipe their bum by reaching under...
Once you have access to bum-washing water you never look back.
If I have to use someone else's loo I try to have some diluted aloe vera gel with me to make up for the lack of a bidet.

I bloody love these. I've lived in a few places with bidets but only stayed in places with a bum hose - they're really elite bum business. I settle for a bum jug these days (lota) which was a few quid from Ebay.

What I's struggling with is how you're supposed to dry your ring after using one of these. Surely you don't use a towel?!?! You could have something like a Dyson Blade, but I reckon that might be quite dangerous.
So help me out, bum gunners. How do you dry your ringpiece after using one of these?

What I's struggling with is how you're supposed to dry your ring after using one of these. Surely you don't use a towel?!?! You could have something like a Dyson Blade, but I reckon that might be quite dangerous.
So help me out, bum gunners. How do you dry your ringpiece after using one of these?

A towel. Your bums clean.

We had a bidet in our downstairs toilet when I was a kid. I have no idea why. We used it to wash our feet on occasion. Never bums.

Back
Top Bottom