Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shakespeare Road, new development

Interesting.
That application will prompt a lot of discussion in itself, independent of the LTN question. Probably wants its own thread.

I reckon the lower flats in the Guinness Trust/Electric Quarter could object on the grounds that Freeview low power HD transmissions on channel 55 would be affected.

This application is very much tied up with another one in West Norwood - where they want to transfer the waste processing plant to. If that doesn't get permission then I don't think this can go ahead.

I reckon the lower flats in the Guinness Trust/Electric Quarter could object on the grounds that Freeview low power HD transmissions on channel 55 would be affected.

I'm not sure whether this is a joke or not. Either way, I like it!

This application is very much tied up with another one in West Norwood - where they want to transfer the waste processing plant to. If that doesn't get permission then I don't think this can go ahead.
New recycling depot application is here
20/01066/EIAFUL
Location is this car breakers:

Access would be off Windsor Grove, which is an industrial road, but also access to Windsor Close, the residents at the end of which will suffer some noise from the new waste depot on the other side of the trees.

New recycling depot application is here
20/01066/EIAFUL
Location is this car breakers:

Access would be off Windsor Grove, which is an industrial road, but also access to Windsor Close, the residents at the end of which will suffer some noise from the new waste depot on the other side of the trees.

There's been a big campaign against with a petition down here and plenty of objections to the planning application. Although it's an industrial road it's pretty small and I can't really see how it's suitable as it's a titchy cul de sac. Plus it is right on top of the estate on Windsor Close and would send loads more traffic past a primary school and nursery. Statement here from Helen Hayes which pretty much reflects local concerns.

Last edited:
There's a much (much) smaller private waste depot just off Railton Road which went under offer to developers unconditional of planning a couple of years ago. The developers waited about twelve months for the vendor to find somewhere to move their waste business to but it turned out to be more difficult than expected to find somewhere they could operate from and the deal fell through. Mind you - they keep skips at the Shakespeare Road site which used to be a quiet 600m round trip but post LTN is 4+ congested miles via Coldharbour Lane or Milkwood Road every time, so perhaps that will incentivise them to look again.

Handy that the pesky waste transfer station is now out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom