Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Selling my house and buyers solicitor is trying to create a false narrative. Can I complain?

Solicitors always come up with bullshit about "issues" that don't exist. The last time I sold, their solicitors kept going on about whether the new windows were fitted by a FENSA registered contractor. Honestly... They got told to take a walk.

That is kind of important because a FENSA certificate is a way for window installers to self-certify compliance with building regulations. If the windows aren’t compliant the council could, after serving notice, come round and rip them out and then bill you for it.

That is kind of important because a FENSA certificate is a way for window installers to self-certify compliance with building regulations. If the windows aren’t compliant the council could, after serving notice, come round and rip them out and then bill you for it.
1 - It's pretty hard to install a window that's not within regs
2 - it's not mandatory
3 - it's a fucking window. There isn't going to be any hidden issues. Look at it. Open it. You will now know all about it.

Theyre just angling for a price drop. Just give it to them Jesus. Off work with stress thats crazy.. no house move is worth that.

Or just pull out and stay put. I wouldn't enter into a massive complaint procedure against a solicitors.. they're entitled to ask these questions. Just sounds like extra stress and hassle on top of everything else tho.

I had a situation like this years ago. I called there bluff by saying I had another over £10k above the asking price but was preperad to sell it to them for £5k above as a sign of good faith. It worked for me
Not saying it always works but if your thinking of pulling out you have nothing to lose.

Back
Top Bottom