Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Nigel hasn't been talking to me since I got home. She's weirded out by the evident stench of ginger tom :D (I can only talk to her atm with my jumper off - and I've washed my hands three times...)

donnie crashed out on my sisters bed, they got done earlier today and afterwards went mental :confused: apparently shortly before this photo was taken he climbed up to the top of my sisters shelf and then fell off :facepalm:

262687_10151362820151285_2055430683_n.jpg

We've taken Popeye to the rescue, he'll be returned to his owner eventually. In the mean time he's having a great time playing with all the other ferrets at the rescue. We swapped him for Jethro, a two year old polecat-ferret cross who's like the Fonz. He's so cool, he's like a big golden bear and really easy going. He just bonded with all our ferrets immediately and given that ferrets are territorial little buggers that's pretty remarkable. Jorvick doesn't like him though. Jehtro sits on Jorvick and goes to sleep while Jorvy squeals at him. Poor Jorvy. Jethro's a bit nippy mind (to humans not to ferrets). That's the polecat in him. Here he is with his family a few weeks after he was born (don't ask me to identify him!):
140611.jpg

Polecats aren't that pale sandy colour, these (except the dark one) get their colouring from their ferret mom. I'll see if I can get a picture of Jethro as an adult, he's a real stunner.

Guest pigs have arrived - staying with us until 4th January (unless we refuse to let their pig parents take them back.) They are just gorgeous - seem so small compared with our two porkers!

Haven't had them out running around just yet. They'll get the kitchen as their domain (not being sexist - no place to hide there.)

Robyn (the shy one)
8294548773_1623720673.jpg

Penny (the very bold one!)
8294552099_021207a35e.jpg
8295605382_5bfe86f719.jpg

(More festive rodent shots coming soon!)

:D

@CRI Robyn has a very cute nose! aww the piglets are lovely

@underurnose thats a lovely looking cat - another bengal!?

Guest pigs have arrived - staying with us until 4th January (unless we refuse to let their pig parents take them back.) They are just gorgeous - seem so small compared with our two porkers!

Haven't had them out running around just yet. They'll get the kitchen as their domain (not being sexist - no place to hide there.)

Robyn (the shy one)
8294548773_1623720673.jpg

Penny (the very bold one!)
8294552099_021207a35e.jpg
8295605382_5bfe86f719.jpg

(More festive rodent shots coming soon!)
robyn's particularly cute. Do love pigs

Reactions: CRI
We've taken Popeye to the rescue, he'll be returned to his owner eventually. In the mean time he's having a great time playing with all the other ferrets at the rescue. We swapped him for Jethro, a two year old polecat-ferret cross who's like the Fonz. He's so cool, he's like a big golden bear and really easy going. He just bonded with all our ferrets immediately and given that ferrets are territorial little buggers that's pretty remarkable. Jorvick doesn't like him though. Jehtro sits on Jorvick and goes to sleep while Jorvy squeals at him. Poor Jorvy. Jethro's a bit nippy mind (to humans not to ferrets). That's the polecat in him. Here he is with his family a few weeks after he was born (don't ask me to identify him!):
140611.jpg

Polecats aren't that pale sandy colour, these (except the dark one) get their colouring from their ferret mom. I'll see if I can get a picture of Jethro as an adult, he's a real stunner.
Awwwww I want one :(

Took a couple of the beasts out for a walk. Took my amazing Misty out, the wee genius who can escape from any cage and comes to her name. She likes to do her own thing but she was great out. Had a good sniff around the park.
Misty:
PIC00547-1.jpg

Also took big old Loki:
Loki:
ferret021.jpg

He's great but he wasn't happy being walked. Had to carry him almost the whole way. He managed to freak out a square, though on his short walk through the town. He's had a good day though. Special presents, a tower with cubby holes and a cheweasle treat. He gets first chew too being the oldest.

I was singing this to Misty on the way home:
I believe in Miracles,
Strange as they may be,
I never laughed, or sang a song
Til the day you came along and smiled at me.

Sometimes ferrets like being sang to. | think.

Back
Top Bottom