Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Scotland are shite 2018-19 thread

So based on the assumption that Scotland don't screw up ( lolz) and do snarf 2nd place ( lolz) and do get through to the play offs, the seeding structure of the likely 2 place cohort means that the crappy teams get to play the shite teams. So no Portugal. Whales, Italy etc. More likely, Iceland ( fuck), Bosnia, Montenegro and Sweden or thereabouts.

All of who can dispense a lesson in footballing prowess quite easily

A draw in these games would assist Scotland greatly , but we still need 3 points

Serbia v Georgia
Wales v Ireland
Belgium v Bosnia
Croatia v Ukraine
Bosnia v Estonia

A victory for Georgia, Ireland, Belgium, Noray, Romania, Luxembourg or Estonia in the above games would also bnefit us

still down to use , otherwise this is academic

So based on the assumption that Scotland don't screw up ( lolz) and do snarf 2nd place ( lolz) and do get through to the play offs, the seeding structure of the likely 2 place cohort means that the crappy teams get to play the shite teams. So no Portugal. Whales, Italy etc. More likely, Iceland ( fuck), Bosnia, Montenegro and Sweden or thereabouts.

All of who can dispense a lesson in footballing prowess quite easily
Surely if Scotland get a play off berth you will be playing Portugal, Italy, Wales or AN Other.

nnnnnnn

yes, got that arse aboutbout face. after tonights results a win will see us through def.
Think you need to recheck that. As it stands, of all the teams in 2nd place you have the worst record!

ETA: just realised that Greece have the lowest ranked team in last game so won't collect anymore points!

Scotland need to win and they’ll qualify. Nothing less will do.
Wales need to win to be certain of qualifying. If they draw, they need Ukraine v Croatia to be the same or lower scoring draw than their own draw.
Ireland (need a miracle) must win, probably by 3 or 4 goals, or, if less, need N Ireland to get beat by 2 or 3 goals OR Ukraine v Croatia to be a draw. Unless Scotland blow it.
N Ireland mustn’t lose by more than one goal to be sure, or they rely on either Scotland losing, Ukraine v Croatia being a draw, or Wales v Ireland being a draw or Ireland not hammering Wales.

Then nobody needs to draw Italy or Portugal or even France if they fuck up their last game.

HTH.

(This is obviously based on no freak results elsewhere, eg Serbia not losing at home to Georgia, Iceland will beat Kosovo and Montenegro not beating Poland away while Denmark lose at home to Romania)

Last edited:
Scotland need to win and they’ll qualify. Nothing less will do.
Wales need to win to be certain of qualifying. If they draw, they need Ukraine v Croatia to be the same or lower scoring draw than their own draw.
Ireland (need a miracle) must win, probably by 3 or 4 goals, or, if less, need N Ireland to get beat by 2 or 3 goals OR Ukraine v Croatia to be a draw.
N Ireland mustn’t lose by more than one goal to be sure, or they rely on either Scotland losing, Ukraine v Croatia being a draw, or Wales v Ireland being a draw or Ireland not hammering Wales.

Then nobody needs to draw Italy or Portugal or even France if they fuck up their last game.

HTH.
Yep. Will be tricky for NI or Scotland as they won't be seeded but well done Scotland for getting this far. I did not think they had it in them. I'm pleased to say there is no scenario in which Scotland's result matters to Wales. Not dumping us out this time

Yep. Will be tricky for NI or Scotland as they won't be seeded but well done Scotland for getting this far. I did not think they had it in them. I'm pleased to say there is no scenario in which Scotland's result matters to Wales. Not dumping us out this time

Except...(I have far too much time on my hands this morning)...if Wales and Scotland qualify for these play offs, Wales will be seeded, Scotland won’t....meaning they could face each other.

And, interestingly, if Ukraine beat Croatia, it is likely that N Ireland will go into the seeded pot (because of Ukraine’s poor FIFA ranking).

But they could tho! If both they and the Slovakia games end in draws we are back to needing a draw, I think!

But they could tho! If both they and the Slovakia games end in draws we are back to needing a draw, I think!
Yeah, that won't happen though. Slovakia will win. Anyway we're hijacking the Scottish thread. :D

You are right, of course, that Wales and Scotland could very well meet in the playoffs.

acdb57ca-4ae7-4092-8a66-1b5150f1e286.jpg

He looks like a kid who's been let on after the match ended and given one of his dad's shirts to wear!

And this wasn't the 90s, this was 2008! :eek:

I hope Scotland miss out as retribution for their cheating scum tactics of previous campaigns.

Scotland fucking up will put N Ireland through to the play offs and leave Wales and Ireland fighting for a win to go through, a draw being the death of both. (Unless, for Wales, Ukraine v Croatia finishes in a low scoring draw).

Last edited:
Slovakia are out as the lowest placed 2nd placer. So it was all a waste of fucking time.

You sure? If Scotland had beaten Slovenia, they would have been on 14 points according to the ranking of second-placed teams. That would have put them above both Irish teams, Greece and Sweden. And if Scotland had qualified, the Republic of Ireland would have lost out.

See here.

Back
Top Bottom