Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rooftop scenes in movies (some big pics)

The Groke said:
You have an extremely irritating username Mr/Mrs Newbie.

From now on, I shall refer to you as Gunther Wendlethrop the 3rd - or "Gunt" for short.

I would encourage others to do the same - stupid ASCII usernames should be stamped out at all costs!

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

:mad:

(o)(o) ROFLMAO

escape from new york - snake lands his glider on top of the world trade centre i seem to remember

Stanley Edwards said:
One of my better moments. What's more I didn't use a double, no special effects, no drugs, no boooze, no nothing - all for real!

I think.

Or, it may have been my good friend Stanley Baker.

Bloody good stuff either way! Fab stills folks, well excavated. The DVD is out and you can see the Gateway pub off Kingsway in one of the scenes; I drive past it on the way to my Dad's from town.

hendo said:
Fab stills folks, well excavated.
You'll love this site hendo...and then scroll down for the DVD howler :oops: edited again...right site...:oops:

hias%20dvd.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/nixonkg/hell_is_a_city.htm

Actually Leica, can you change your Hell is a City pic back to the bigger one?

...it's so much better and I've changed the thread title to warn dial-uppers and put a note in the mod box for editor and other mods...

And if we're allowed the inside of a roof, there's The Parallax View

Can't find a relevant still :(

(No, not the new Slavoj Zizek book...)

Hell is a City - supercool film.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Plato getting shot on the roof of the Griffith Park Observatory in Rebel Without a Cause.

In my (v humble) opinion, the best rooftop scene ever is from..

Die Hard.

Kills the baddies, ties a firehose around his waist, jumps of the side, and then has to shoot the window out to get back in all while the firehose 'holder' is working its way loose..

And *then*, when he's inside and you think its OK, the holder flys past the window, pulling him out...

I actually fell off my seat in the cinema to that one...:D

RenegadeDog said:
How on earth has there been an entire thread about rooftop scenes without anyone mentioning Ghost Dog?

What are you talking about? There is no rooftop scene in Groundhog Day.

The Groke said:
And I now see - on closer investigation - that you are not a "newbie" as such, just an extremly lazy and sporadic poster.

:mad:

Well Gunt, this sort of thing will not be tolerated.

fatherted_white.gif

damn straight

Mrs Magpie said:
Actually Leica, can you change your Hell is a City pic back to the bigger one?

...it's so much better and I've changed the thread title to warn dial-uppers and put a note in the mod box for editor and other mods...

Sure. I have taken many more stills of the rooftop sequence... In the one above you can see Whitworth Street and the Palace Theatre. I have another good one with Oxford Road Station in construction...

Stanley Baker is quite handsome in that film.

and of course theres the begining of Blade (the original) where he jumps from the hospital window to the rooftop opposite dislocating his arm.

Have we mentioned the climactic rooftop scene in Blade Runner at Rutger Hauer hangs on to Harrison Ford in the pouring rain?
"Time to Die".
Class.

Back
Top Bottom