Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rooftop scenes in movies (some big pics)

Doc hanging on to the clock face as Marty speeds down main street towards the wire in back to the future.

King Kong (all three of them) and the original Mighty Joe Young

To Catch a Thief

Delicatessen

Halloween 4

blade runner must have the best ending to any rooftop chase scene:

'i've seen things you people wouldn't believe...'

Enemy of the State. That one with Will Smith and Gene Hackman That had good rooftop action in I think.

In the 1960 British thriller 'Hell Is A City', shot in Manchester, Stanley Edwards plays a copper on the trail of a gang of blaggers. He has lots of run-ins throughout the Didsbury area before coming to grips with the villain on the rooftop of the Refuge Assurance building on Oxford Road.

Its all just marvellous.

End of Empire Records... You can say what you like about that film, but it has GWAR in it.

scorpio trying sniper gays and priests in dirty harry.
dirty.gif

28 days later when they're up on the top of the flats protesting the absence of rainfall in London.

hendo said:
Stanley Edwards
I think not...Stanley Baker, surely?
<eta> I thought this was the best still I could find, but Leica's found a better one I think...scroll down

stanley%20baker.jpg

You're right about it being a cracking film though....

"Top of the world, Ma"

And then he gets shot. Cagney I think, and sorry, I can't remember the name of the film.

Actually, have I even got the quote right? :oops:

I'm rubbish at this type of thing! :D

FiFi said:
"Top of the world, Ma"

And then he gets shot. Cagney I think, and sorry, I can't remember the name of the film.

Actually, have I even got the quote right? :oops:

I'm rubbish at this type of thing! :D
Made it, Ma! Top of the world!

Leica said:
From Hell Is A City...
That was one of the first films that really had me on the edge of my seat....I never really got the same feeling with American films, they were too 'other', in no way real to me...

Mrs Magpie said:
That was one of the first films that really had me on the edge of my seat....I never really got the same feeling with American films, they were too 'other', in no way real to me...
Have you seen Night and the City?

No rooftops but the first film that made me gasp with fear as well as keeping the suspense really going was 'Les Diaboliques' (not the rubbishy remake, obviously).

24 Hour Party People - the young Mondays being total scallies, poisoning the pidgeons + the end scene.

Bourne Supremacy has a cool sequence in Berlin too.

hendo said:
In the 1960 British thriller 'Hell Is A City', shot in Manchester, Stanley Edwards plays a copper on the trail of a gang of blaggers...

One of my better moments. What's more I didn't use a double, no special effects, no drugs, no boooze, no nothing - all for real!

I think.

Or, it may have been my good friend Stanley Baker.

Leica said:
Set in 1950 London, American actors. See here for details...
Betty Marsden, scenes deleted.... How dare they! I'm not sure whether I saw that or not...there were so many British films with American actors for no real plot reasons that I could fathom then...I could never work out whether it was to get US distribution or whether they were refugees from the Un-American Activities witch-hunters....

Stanley Edwards said:
One of my better moments. What's more I didn't use a double, no special effects, no drugs, no boooze, no nothing - all for real!

I think.

Or, it may have been my good friend Stanley Baker.
I believe this good friend Stanley made a cameo appearance too...

Matthews.jpg

Back
Top Bottom