Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rooftop scenes in movies (some big pics)

Leica

it's only make believe
Rooftop chase scenes, like the one in Vertigo... or any other kind of scenes filmed on the roof of buildings. Can you think of any?

not quite a rooftop, but the bit in True Romance where they go out on the roof and Alabama tells him how she feels. :)

PLX102303.jpg

west side story, moulin rouge, mary poppins... rooftops seem to be popular with musicals...
JulieAndrews.jpg

awesome rooftop scene in
Ultraviolet-Poster-C12144367.jpeg

unfortunatly i cant find a image of it. but its in the first 30 minutes and she takes on like 40 of the asian gang members and kicks all their arses. WOO ultraviolet.

Godfather II - De Niro as Vito Corleone disposing of gun fragments in the neighbourhood chimneys after murdering Don Fanucci. Beneath the rooftops the festival of the virgin continues. Wonderful scene...

Up on the Roof

Awful film I might have liked if it was made in 1981, when I was 10. As it is, it was made in 1997 and I was unlucky enough to have seen it a few years ago on ITV after the boozer.

the end of Vanilla Sky
Shawshank Redemption - when they're repairing the prison roof
Jackie Chan fight s 2 blokes on a roof in Who am I
can't believe nobody said Blade Runner yet
probably every Batman, Superman etc.
V for Vendetta?

\\(^o^)// said:
the end of Vanilla Sky
Shawshank Redemption - when they're repairing the prison roof
Jackie Chan fight s 2 blokes on a roof in Who am I
can't believe nobody said Blade Runner yet
probably every Batman, Superman etc.
V for Vendetta?

You have an extremely irritating username Mr/Mrs Newbie.

From now on, I shall refer to you as Gunther Wendlethrop the 3rd - or "Gunt" for short.

I would encourage others to do the same - stupid ASCII usernames should be stamped out at all costs!

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

:mad:

And I now see - on closer investigation - that you are not a "newbie" as such, just an extremly lazy and sporadic poster.

:mad:

Well Gunt, this sort of thing will not be tolerated.

fatherted_white.gif

Oh - and on topic:

Batman Begins has many such scenes.

The one that stands out however, is the Batmobile doing its thing across the city over rooftop.

:cool:

What is it about that film? I really didn't like it when I saw it at the cinema, but bought it on DVD anyway cos I was bored.

I just watched it for the 4th time two nights ago, and each time it has gone up and up in my estimation.

I love it now.

:confused:

And what about "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"?

I have never seen it, but I can confidently surmise that there must be a feline/Warm-rooftop interaction scene at some point?

Jebus, I wish you fuckers would all get up earlier.

I sometimes feel like I am talking to myself....

:rolleyes:

Hello!

Anyone in there?

The Doors - Jim Morrison living on a chum's roof.
A movie called "Rooftops" (all about people who lived on them...didn't see it)
The Devil's Advocate - Milton offering the world to his new employee.
Fearless - Jeff Bridges having a funny turn.
US Marshalls - Wesley Snipes making a daring escape.
Fort Apache, The Bronx - some chap being thrown off a roof during a riot.
To Live and Die in LA - that guy from CSI apprehending a terrorist.
Following - numerous scenes.
The Matrix - "Dodge this!"

This is one of the oldest I can find...

Rooftop_01.jpg

from Metropolis (1927).

There is a brief rooftop scene in Dr. Caligari (1920)... I've posted a picture in the Film Stills thread.

The opening scene in that 1st Batman film (with Michael Keaton).

He grabs the bad guy by the throat and holds him out over the edge of the rooftop. The bad guy stammers .."who are you" and Keaton says ..."I'm Batman. Tell all your friends".

Classic.

Back
Top Bottom