Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Robocop: Rogue City

Don't care. Peter Weller is doing the voice, you get to be Robocop. That's enough for me.

I missed that Weller was doing voice. Ok, it might have redeemed itself slightly. :D it's just....movie tie ins are mostly shite and I loved the original RoboCop film so ....

I re-watched the uncut version of this the other day, somehow I'd completely forgotten the bit where Robocop shoots a rapist in the cock. Hope thats in the game.

I missed that Weller was doing voice. Ok, it might have redeemed itself slightly. :D it's just....movie tie ins are mostly shite and I loved the original RoboCop film so ....

I hear ya

Gutted that I missed the 4k remaster on its Cinema release would have fucking loved to see that

This is going to be all kinds of shit isn't it?
It does look pretty paint by numbers. Much like all the recent aliens games (except isolation) that just end up being naff despite having a concept that should easily kick ass as a video game.

It does look pretty paint by numbers. Much like all the recent aliens games (except isolation) that just end up being naff despite having a concept that should easily kick ass as a video game.

I want to be wrong, I really do but past experience leaves me less than moist re this.

I was wrong.

I was very wrong indeed.

It's brilliant fun. Full of touches that hark back to the first 2 films, from Robocops gun giving feedback rumbles through the Xbox controller to the music and voice acting being on point. Even the graphics are done in such a way as if you really are Robocop himself, looking through the visor.

Well worth a pop.

Just finished it.

Well worth the bullseye.

I clocked 30ish hours play on medium difficulty. Even then the final stretches were rock hard. The plot was excellent with some superb twists. The gunplay was good though you do find yourself returning to Robocops handgun just for the sheer fun of it. It's full of fan service but in the best possible way.

This js way better than it has any right to be.

By the end, because you get those electronic upgrade boards, the handgun is the best weapon anyhow. Well, except for the ludicrous sniper rifle you briefly get to play with. The only time I used the other guns in the latter part of the game were the crazy sniper and when you have to stop them blowing up the bridge. And that's because I had an explosive bullet mod on the sidearm and I kept blowing the bridge with it.

What a solid B-game should be. It ain't pretty, but it's good enough to carry the story (which is top-notch and has Peter Weller voicing Robo) and has solid gunplay.

Completed it but it needs a zombie survival mini game or something to extend the life of the game.

I think it’s worth buying hard copy to trade in later than digital copy. Can’t see me playing it again for a long long time even though I binged it.

Completed it but it needs a zombie survival mini game or something to extend the life of the game.

Yes, I agree it really does need a form of extended play once you've done the main game. As it is you need to start from the beginning

Back
Top Bottom