Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cities Skylines - The Simcity we should've got

Just picked this up for £7.50 for the Mac! Any tips for a new player?

Tip 1: Carefully plan out where you're going to put your various districts, leaving plenty of room for expansion if problems arise, then throw those plans out the window and furiously throw down a tangled mass of roads and train tracks and prepare yourself for the first great die-off.

...bought it , cheap on steam , over two months ago ...its Icon is looking at me on my desktop ..winking at me ...even....

but my subconscious is forcing my hand ...NO ...
DO not click it ...and I haven't ...

I checked Steam ...and its telling me that I've played "Banished " for over 1125 hrs ...feck ...1125 hrs ...thats like ...over 28 equivilent weeks at work !!!...over half a working year ....!!!!! feck !!!!

Houston ...I may have a problem ......

this was made for me too

if I click on it ...well ... Adiós muchachos

"I may be gone for some time "

Prolly should give this another go when I'm done with my current Prison Architect playthrough seeing as how I bought all the DLC in the last Steam sale and haven't even installed it

Last night I saw a friend play a bit of this on his Xbox One.

I've never played any of the Sim City games before, but this definitely looks interesting. It's going on the Steam wishlist because I might not have the cash to buy it after sorting out my new computer.

Last night I saw a friend play a bit of this on his Xbox One.

I've never played any of the Sim City games before, but this definitely looks interesting. It's going on the Steam wishlist because I might not have the cash to buy it after sorting out my new computer.
It's on sale right now! only £5.74!

Prolly should give this another go when I'm done with my current Prison Architect playthrough seeing as how I bought all the DLC in the last Steam sale and haven't even installed it
Sim City 2000 is ideologically opposed to you running a high tax high spend municipality. So you cheat :cool:

at a fiver I am tempted by CS

It's on sale right now! only £5.74!

I don't even have that much in my current account right now! Also my computer is fucked, which is why I've been scrimping and saving for the past few months filling up my savings account. And posting a lot more on Urban to make up for my lack of gaming.

I don't know how long it will take for my new PC to be built and delivered (they say 5 to 7 working days for construction, no idea about delivery), but hopefully it will be less than two weeks from the 25th when I get paid.

I checked Steam ...and its telling me that I've played "Banished " for over 1125 hrs ...feck ...1125 hrs ...thats like ...over 28 equivilent weeks at work !!!...over half a working year ....!!!!! feck !!!!

Yeah, i've played Kerbal for about 900 hours. I console myself that I've had it for 3 years, and will often sit playing it while watching TV and hanging out with my wife, so it's *less* bad...

I need to get Skylines, I think, will wait till it's reduced again though.

Last edited:
I've clocked up over a hundred hours on this over December and early January. I'm still rubbish :D

I’ve started getting into this over a year after I bought it. I assume everyone else has stopped playing? Didn’t realise the buildings upgraded individually. My biggest issue is garbage and the amount of trucks that are used to service it. Have started buying the inevitable recycling plants. There’s some interesting new DLC for it too.

Make sure you turn all the tax bonuses for buildings once they're unlocked. It makes the buildings nicer - more high end so you get more tax from them. it's 2c per building or something, ut's always been a massive net win for me. I got the transport and green dlcs (monorails! less garbage!), well worth it.

Had to look it up - i mean policies, couldn't remember the word for it. Policies - Cities: Skylines Wiki So big business benefactor, you pay 4c per building, but every high density commercial business doubles its sales. Industrial space planning doubles the numbers of goods from industry, etc.

Back
Top Bottom