Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Robbie Coltrane dies aged 72 🪦

For context, he 'defended' this tweet.

His 'defence' was this:

There have been tweets from people celebrating his death because he said the above. Shame such cunts exist.
I don't agree with the original tweet and think it's misrepresents what people have been saying. Though I can't see what it was in response too.

Coltraine's response isn't great, and standard lazy views around Twitter (EG - Young People) and the war. Not worth spitting on his grave over.

I had a look on Fritter earlier as he is trending and saw the TERFs/GCs are all over sharing the very select tweets. I've not seen or heard anyone saying similar. Sad all round.

I don't agree with the original tweet and think it's misrepresents what people have been saying. Though I can't see what it was in response too.

Coltraine's response isn't great, and standard lazy views around Twitter (EG - Young People) and the war. Not worth spitting on his grave over.

I had a look on Fritter earlier as he is trending and saw the TERFs/GCs are all over sharing the very select tweets. I've not seen or heard anyone saying similar. Sad all round.
His response isn't great as he himself admits.

He was expected to have an opinion about Rowling's views because he acted in the HP films. Why that means he should be asked about this stuff I don't really know.

I'll leave it there. Pity it was brought up.

I've never seen Cracker as it was on at a time in my life when I doubt I watched much TV. Just started watching it from ep 1.its fucking ace! It's also a joy to be watching it new as it were! And for all the train nerds out there, the first 2 eps are full of old trains!

The whole thing looks amazing, so well filmed. You can see the origins of shows like Luther and The Wire imo

as 'annabelle', drag queen and gay club owner in 'the fruit machine', 1988

Robbie-Coltrane-in-The-Fruit-Machine-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1005248__77126.1432421170.386.513.jpg

think i saw the film at the time, not sure my grip on the plot was much less than the people who wrote it, though...

He must have moved around a lot, because I met him once at a party when he was living near us in about 1992 in Hackney. He was basically a huge dark-haired Scottish bloke with a pretty loud voice in the haze of smoke that was the kitchen, and he called me hen when asking where the beers were and I got him one. It's not the best Robbie Coltrane anecdote, is it?

Might give Cracker a watch. I was quite young when it came out, but we were actually talking about it the other day.

As I think I mentioned above, I very much believe it's worth it. Even if it were standard-grade thriller material (and I believe McGovern's writing elevates it far above this), Coltrane's performance is well worth the price of admission alone.

Some of his lesser known work I was unaware of until now…

Does this include "Man who puts Flash Gordon in the plane"?

I met him once at a party when he was living near us in about 1992 in Hackney. He was basically a huge dark-haired Scottish bloke with a pretty loud voice in the haze of smoke that was the kitchen, and he called me hen when asking where the beers were and I got him one. It's not the best Robbie Coltrane anecdote, is it?

It's sounding fairly quintessential TBH :D

as 'annabelle', drag queen and gay club owner in 'the fruit machine', 1988

Robbie-Coltrane-in-The-Fruit-Machine-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1005248__77126.1432421170.386.513.jpg

think i saw the film at the time, not sure my grip on the plot was much less than the people who wrote it, though...
A mixture of gangster film, gay romance and magic realism, this is an oddball film but I remember rather liking it and now its almost completely forgotten. It was former Brookside writer Frank Clarke's follow up to his Letter to Brezhnev, which was a big hit at the time but he never was able to replicate its success.

NME interview, 22/29 December, 1984 by Danny Kelly.

Great stuff, thanks for that. I've grown up to be cynical about the NME and all it stood for, so it's good to be reminded of how good it could be at its best.

Back
Top Bottom