Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Robbie Coltrane dies aged 72 🪦

Never watched cracker or harry potter. Remember him from comedy stuff like comic strip and blackadder and also as the ex-kgb agent in some of the bond movies. Anyway rip :(

I hope they reshow Tutti Frutti. I loved that. I was in a rockabilly band at the time, touring back of nowhere places, and it was just so true. It took ages to come out on DVD, but when it eventually did I was delighted to acquire it.
I thought they had lost the tapes for it and that was why it was never reshown. Didn't know it was on dvd. Genuinely don't know why it gets forgotten all the time, it was brilliant.

Genuinely upset about Robbie going as well :(

Really fucking sad to hear this :(
Crack(er)ing actor, very funny and seemed like a lovely bloke.
Aw man :(

• Sad
Reactions: Ax^
I hope they reshow Tutti Frutti. I loved that. I was in a rockabilly band at the time, touring back of nowhere places, and it was just so true. It took ages to come out on DVD, but when it eventually did I was delighted to acquire it.
Tutti Frutti is brilliant!
I've got the series on DVD too :)
I loved him in Cracker as well.

RIP Robbie.

Very sad news. I didn’t realise he was 72- I assumed early 60s. Thanks for the memories :)

He lived in Cricklewood for a while and during the Miners Strike one of my mates who was postman and delivered his mail knocked on his door and asked him if he would compere a benefit for the Miners which he agreed to . Robbie arrived somewhat tired and emotional , did a stirling job but then descended into a row with some feminists over ‘ironic’ humour , bought everyone a drink , fell off a table and had to be ushered into a cab still arguing with the feminists . Told the postman he couldn’t remember any of it but that he had heard it had gone well and was always keen to help out again .
Fair play to the man

He lived in Cricklewood for a while and during the Miners Strike one of my mates who was postman and delivered his mail knocked on his door and asked him if he would compere a benefit for the Miners which he agreed to . Robbie arrived somewhat tired and emotional , did a stirling job but then descended into a row with some feminists over ‘ironic’ humour , bought everyone a drink , fell off a table and had to be ushered into a cab still arguing with the feminists . Told the postman he couldn’t remember any of it but that he had heard it had gone well and was always keen to help out again .
Fair play to the man
A nice way to remember someone who clearly lived life...

Last edited:
I could have sworn he had a brief appearance in an episode of Dr Who in the 80s, whereupon I first learnt his name as a child, but I can’t find any trace of it.

Back
Top Bottom