Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP YouTube

savoloysam

Pigman's pigman's ha ha charade you are..
The ever increasing amount of adverts on there is insane. 2 adverts before a 5 minute video which gets interrupted 2 minutes in for 2 more unskippable adverts? Fuck off! I understand that they have to make money but that's nuts. So I'm fucking them off and I'm not paying to subscribe.

I'll watch QVC instead. Less adverts!

The ever increasing amount of adverts on there is insane. 2 adverts before before a 5 minute video which gets interrupted 2 minutes in for 2 more unskippable adverts? Fuck off! I understand that they have to make money but that's nuts. So I'm fucking and I'm not paying to subscribe.

adblock plus and ghostery seem to stop any adverts for me. I'm getting a bit more pissed off with age restricted vids though. Be fucked if I'm sending google any ID

I’d like to know the same - but for a smart tv. As said YouTube is really becoming unusable now. I wouldn’t mind paying a fiver or something but not their current monthly price.

The ever increasing amount of adverts on there is insane. 2 adverts before a 5 minute video which gets interrupted 2 minutes in for 2 more unskippable adverts? Fuck off! I understand that they have to make money but that's nuts. So I'm fucking them off and I'm not paying to subscribe.

This is actually down to the YouTuber in question who is monetising their channel because they have enough subscribers. The Channel creator has the options of when ads are displayed. I can and do actively ensure no adverts are shown during my videos purely for the reason it's fucking annoying.

Anyone who does it is a prick, and you should unsubscribe from them.

you know android is related to google

saying that if you are streaming from a dodgy website

maybe a stearm with newer movies, blocking that is hard

if its just youtube follow the advise provided :)

have to use my phone to see a youtube ad

I only ever saw ads on my phone (some years ago), and they were only ever for the latest iteration of Fifa or 'Veiled Arab Women.'

The idea that Google knows everything about you has been somewhat exaggerated 🤪

This is actually down to the YouTuber in question who is monetising their channel because they have enough subscribers. The Channel creator has the options of when ads are displayed. I can and do actively ensure no adverts are shown during my videos purely for the reason it's fucking annoying.

Anyone who does it is a prick, and you should unsubscribe from them.

Oh yes good point. I have watched half hour videos on there with no ads. Sometimes longer. Does the YouTuber decide when ads are shown. I mean when an ad interrupts mid sentence that is really quite especially crap.

I only ever saw ads on my phone (some years ago), and they were only ever for the latest iteration of Fifa or 'Veiled Arab Women.'

The idea that Google knows everything about you has been somewhat exaggerated 🤪

Oh you’re looking for car insurance and wish to visit Qatar as well?

Oh yes good point. I have watched half hour videos on there with no ads. Sometimes longer. Does the YouTuber decide when ads are shown. I mean when an ad interrupts mid sentence that is really quite especially crap.
YouTube uses an algorithm to detect when is a good place. You can then edit where it’s placed the mid video ads.

So if a content creator isn’t double checking where adverts are ending up in their videos all the more reason to stop giving them clicks. They just want ad revenue and honestly don’t really give a shit about the viewer experience.

Back
Top Bottom