Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rfid tags in texas school boycotted due to religious beliefs

Yes, a constant radio tracking device is EXACTLY the same thing as signing a register. Or using a passcard to get in. AND IT STOPS YOU GETTING SHOT OMG YOU WANT CHILDREN TO BE SHOT.
Fucking hell.

Hm signing a register once a day doesn't allow you to find out where a pupil is at any given time.

i also don't see how rfid stops someone running amok?

i wouldn't have worn one as a kid, naught to do with religion but watching/reading too much dystopian 1970s and 1980s scifi.

They introduced these at my school. Used to just give the card to a friend if we wanted to appear as being in attendance. Actually made it easier to bunk off than a register :D

Forget the religious reasons, I'd refuse to wear it because fuck off.
Why? I assume when you were at school you replyed when they annotated the attendance register. It's just an automated way of doing the same thing, I was under the assumption that teachers were supposed to be there to teach, preferably without having to waste 10-15 min of filling in paperwork.

How many folk, like me, go to work where they need to carry a passcard to access the building? Guess what, you are using a RFID to do EXACTLY the same thing as the school wanted this kid to do. Even better, if the building security relied on these it would have made killings like the Connecticut shooting more difficult (not impossible, locks don't survice high velocity bullet impacts very well... but it would have delayed him)

Yes, a constant radio tracking device is EXACTLY the same thing as signing a register. Or using a passcard to get in. AND IT STOPS YOU GETTING SHOT OMG YOU WANT CHILDREN TO BE SHOT.

Fucking hell.
Wot he said.

Back
Top Bottom