Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reclaim Pride, 24th July 2021

It feels more important than ever - there so much to shout about. In the last year 3 of my close community have had awful issues with dealing with partners with hospital / care homes / social workers. Its a disgrace, like we have to go back into the closet if we are old and ill.

Wish I felt up to marching but I'm still afraid of going out and avoiding transport and crowds.

It feels more important than ever - there so much to shout about. In the last year 3 of my close community have had awful issues with dealing with partners with hospital / care homes / social workers. Its a disgrace, like we have to go back into the closet if we are old and ill.

Wish I felt up to marching but I'm still afraid of going out and avoiding transport and crowds.

Sorry to hear that, about the 3 members of your close community.

I don't feel up for marching either, because of the virus, but am trying to support the initiative by publicising and sharing info about it, which I know you are doing too.

It does indeed feel important, and I'm really glad it's happening even if I don't feel able to go.

Solidarity.

I went to this with a few mates. There was a good turnout considering the weather forecast said there was going to be thunderstorms. I can't speak for what happened in Hyde Park as I left just after the march ended to eat some pub food, but the march itself was pretty decent. There was a little tension as we walked past the remains of the anti-vax demo in Trafalgar Square, but the police were far more interested in them than us.

I only took one photo but I think it sums up the event pretty well.

aaa.jpg

Any other reports?

I saw pictures from radical faeries who went on the march. A reminder of the core protest of pride. They followed with a drum circle later in the clapham common cruising ground. Might be getting to time I make a return to London at least for a visit.

Back
Top Bottom