Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reality Vs Propaganda

1%er

According to reports coming out of Sweden, Greta Thunberg’s trip to speak at an environmental conference and also at the UN isn't as "green" or "carbon neutral" as we have been lead to believe.

Thunberg said she wouldn't fly because of carbon emissions, but it now appears that had she flown the trips emissions would have been much less. Two new crew members will be flying from Europe to the USA to bring the boat back, as the captain Boris Herrmann and team founder Pierre Casiraghi will be flying back from US and not be traveling on the boat.

So instead of one person taking two flights we have 4 people taking 1 flight each :facepalm:

Do we know for sure they won't be carbon offsetting the flights taken?

I'm all for being cynical about these kind of stunts, but you can't argue it hasn't gotten the publicity it set out to achieve. There's no way it'd have gotten half as much press if she'd just gotten on a plane.

I'm all for being cynical about these kind of stunts, but you can't argue it hasn't gotten the publicity it set out to achieve. There's no way it'd have gotten half as much press if she'd just gotten on a plane.

Totally agree, I've just been expecting some media to piss on the party.

Do we know for sure they won't be carbon offsetting the flights taken?

Carbon offsetting is total fucking bollocks.

According to reports coming out of Sweden, Greta Thunberg’s trip to speak at an environmental conference and also at the UN isn't as "green" or "carbon neutral" as we have been lead to believe.

Thunberg said she wouldn't fly because of carbon emissions, but it now appears that had she flown the trips emissions would have been much less. Two new crew members will be flying from Europe to the USA to bring the boat back, as the captain Boris Herrmann and team founder Pierre Casiraghi will be flying back from US and not be traveling on the boat.

So instead of one person taking two flights we have 4 people taking 1 flight each :facepalm:
reports from germany apparently Segeltörn von Klimaaktivistin: Thunbergs Segel-Crew wehrt sich gegen Anfeindungen - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wissenschaft

I don't give a single shit. This is a disingenuous and frankly stupid climate change denialist meme, on the same level as "oh those XR protestors are actually creating more CO2 because they make people take longer routes driving round them".

Its all hypocrisy hunting.

Ha ha ha. What a hypocrite eh?

Thank God I no longer need to bother with climate change. Glad that's all fixed.

But, that's the trouble with a stunt like this, if it backfires in anyway, it's just an excuse for climate change deniers to laugh & poke fun.

Personally, I think she's fucking brilliant, but I am not convinced about those now 'managing' her on the world stage.

But, that's the trouble with a stunt like this, if it backfires in anyway, it's just an excuse for climate change deniers to laugh & poke fun.

Personally, I think she's fucking brilliant, but I am not convinced about those now 'managing' her on the world stage.

They're going to do that anyway. Fuck em.

Which particular cesspit of freewheeling loonery did you choose to use as a source for this pitifully flaccid gotcha?

They're only making a fuss of this kid so people forget they're ignoring the best interests of *checks notes* about a billion and a half other kids.

Back
Top Bottom