Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

having just watched QT back on iplayer i must say that i thought Anas Sarwar was very convincing not least in his defence of Labour's proposal to end the VAT exemption for private schools.Surprising to hear that a quarter of Edinburgh's kids are currently in private schools of one type or another.

There was too much, "I/some people work really hard to afford to give my/their child(ren) the best education possible", without challenge, which rather ignores the issue of fairness, such that it ever exists.

Oh yay, a two hour leaders special this week. I can only hope Davey livens it up a bit with intermissions to fall in various liquids.

The only positive is that they haven't invited on that cunt Farage. Yet.

I see it is from York, a Labour stronghold?
But Farage is "the" opposition now. No green party leader either.
Will Sir Ed be pulling another of his stunts?

blame the BBC for it they have wanted the rating
plus the dodgy lot in the back room supporting the fella

he gets the last 30 minutes of question time before the election to give a campaign rally against a soft audience

I'm so sick of the media saying this, not just the Beeb but C4 too. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, alongside the disproportionate airtime he gets.
They are just talking bollocks, we all know the real opposition is now the lib debs.
Btw. Nigel has his half hour slot on one this evening. Sadly I might not make it home in time.

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^
Speaking of which

"Nigel Farage tells the BBC the West “provoked” Russia’s invasion of Ukraine by expanding the European Union and Nato military alliance eastwards"

who is going to be the voice of the racist side of the tory party

Farrage claims it him

at least they making it easy to sport

I know Parliament's not in session, and Sunak fucked up their scheduling with a snap election, but two weeks into a new government, and with Brian's speech today, you'd think they'd keep the show running for at least tomorrow.

having just watched QT back on iplayer i must say that i thought Anas Sarwar was very convincing not least in his defence of Labour's proposal to end the VAT exemption for private schools.Surprising to hear that a quarter of Edinburgh's kids are currently in private schools of one type or another.
What does that say about the state of State schools though? And what will happen if lots of those parents can't afford to pay 20 per cent higher fees and try to enrol their children in non-existent state school places?

I'm so sick of the media saying this, not just the Beeb but C4 too. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, alongside the disproportionate airtime he gets.
When you think about how much airtime Farage used to get despite failing to get elected several times, versus the amount of airtime given to Caroline Lucas, who actually was an MP, it's no wonder this country's in the state it's in.

I used to work in broadcast journalism, so I'm aware there's the temptation to book guests who you know will 'make good telly' but it's highly irresponsible to have given someone such a platform, so often, when their credentials didn't warrant or merit it, just for the larks and viewing figures and click bait.

Mariana Mazzucato just very succinctly explained why cutting winter fuel payments is a stupid thing to do, economically and socially. Included the immortal phrase "governments aren't households" when asked if nations should borrow money.

It's been 15 fucking years. Why don't they get it yet?

I used to work in broadcast journalism, so I'm aware there's the temptation to book guests who you know will 'make good telly' but it's highly irresponsible to have given someone such a platform, so often, when their credentials didn't warrant or merit it, just for the larks and viewing figures and click bait.
The internet has entered the chat.

Mariana Mazzucato just very succinctly explained why cutting winter fuel payments is a stupid thing to do, economically and socially. Included the immortal phrase "governments aren't households" when asked if nations should borrow money.

It's been 15 fucking years. Why don't they get it yet?

100%. I just came on here to post that. It’s well worth a watch. A brilliant demolition of Reeves and Starmer’s economic plans.

Back
Top Bottom