Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Street station revamp to upgrade Edinburgh Airport links

equationgirl

Respect my existence or expect my resistance
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18690764

Suspect this has been getting more coverage in the East of Scotland, as I just stumbled on this today.

So much for the Glasgow Airport plans from Central Station, where a rail link was half-built before funding was cut. :rolleyes:

Everything always seems to be done in the East at the expense of public transport in the West of Scotland, in my opinion.

What a lot of nonsense!! Though the link from Fife to the airport might suit me. What is the point in speeding up trains from Glasgow to Edinburgh when it still takes about 1/2hr to get from there to the airport??

I knew nowt about this til just now so not getting that much coverage across here either.

What a lot of nonsense!! Though the link from Fife to the airport might suit me. What is the point in speeding up trains from Glasgow to Edinburgh when it still takes about 1/2hr to get from there to the airport??

I knew nowt about this til just now so not getting that much coverage across here either.
Yes, it seems to flying very low under the radar.

Like you say, all very well speeding up the Glasgow-Edinburgh section without doing the rest.

Plus, how about doing the same at the Glasgow end, finish the work that was started?

Back
Top Bottom