Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Quadrophenia - the film

I've got five of what all right-thinking people call zappers. Stereo, telly, DVD, VCR and Freeview.

photo-780185.jpg

I've got five of what all right-thinking people call zappers. Stereo, telly, DVD, VCR and Freeview.

photo-780185.jpg

Mine's definitely bigger. :p

I only have tv, dvd, vcr and oil-filled radiator.

Maybe a poll is needed to find out who's got the most doofers? :hmm:

Announcer says 'a tribute to mods and rockers'. :rolleyes: No! A tribute to modernity and a working class culture that was leading it.

First film I ever owned....had to get a 'big kid' to get it from me from Smiths in Basingstoke cos I was too young to buy it. Cost £4.99 and it was through a video distributer called 'Channel 5 Video'. I watched it every day.

I actually recorded it on to tape and used to listen to the film on my 'walkman' along with 'Rock 'n' Roll high School' and the songs from McVicar and Tommy.

I didn't have money for the records and didn't know anyone who owned them so it was my only way of hearing the songs.

You've got shoes like that aintcher Nanks?

T'is what I have worn since I was about 13.

I got little mod genes y'see.

Nice you notice my shoes.

Ray Winstone once said...don't matter how smart you are, you're only ever as smart as your shoes.

So long since I've seen it, I'd forgotten half the characters.

Just realised Jim Carver from The Bill is in it and the main character was Kevin in Eastenders :D

and Nick Cotton

I enjoyed the film. (back when I watched it)

But such silly little wheeled scooters.. MODS MAD more like .. get a proper bike :)

Also has Gary Holton in it as a rocker.....'are you a boy or a girl? 'ard to tell with you lot innit?'

And Tim Spall as the bloke playing cards in the projector booth....says 'jammy bleeder, cooper!'

'Watch the cloth moth'

'Tacky 'erbert!'

I was in a seaside town when the mods were in, a group of us in biker leathers with long hair etc. I can report that mods hit girls! bikers don't - enough said!

....and Lesley Ash is a right sort!

You've killed me scooter!

All of you fuckin' Mr Postmen,
fuck off, go on!

Crash3.jpg

I can report that mods hit girls! bikers don't - enough said!

Mods hit girls.

Bikers have never hit girls.

OK then :facepalm:

I spent a number of years hanging about with a Hells Angels chapter....and I think I can safely say that while most of them were alright there was certainly no shortage of women on the shitty end of a moody bastard's stick.

I was in a seaside town when the mods were in, a group of us in biker leathers with long hair etc. I can report that mods hit girls! bikers don't - enough said!

I hear they spike babies on their bayonets, too.

I loved Phil Daniels in a film called ( maybe) Party Party...had a scene with a drunk girl in a bath that was both poignant, wet and amusing...just like the parties in the olden days...party seven and fag burns in the carpet de rigeur.

Got thrown out of Catford ABC for smoking a pipe during McVicar (it was mentioned earlier in the thread)....the fact I was grossly underage did not pose a problem....sure you could smoke in cinemas then...maybe not weed tho?

Back
Top Bottom