Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pumpkin Spiced Latte

moonsi til

worked it out now!
This time of year I see adverts for pumpkin spiced latte which I have never tried. I reckon the numbers are low on urban for who has tried it?

So have you tried one? Is it nice?

I've tried it, I like it. It's really artificial which is how Starbucks is supposed to be.

(Seriously, people haven't tried it? It's been going for years, it's a cliche now.)

I have only been drinking coffee for 3 years & don’t tend to go for flavours /cream - mostly due to being extra calories. I’m tempted this year.

I always have half a shot of syrup if I have it as it's too sweet for me otherwise. I very rarely go to Starbucks although there is one quite near my house.

The thing about Starbucks is that they make bad espresso, so if you go there, you need to at least dilute it with a lot of milk, but they won't heat or foam that properly either, so you might as well get some syrup in it too, and sprinkles or whatever ideally. On that basis toffee nut latte is better than pumpkin spice I'd say. At Caffe Nero or a decent indie shop I'll have espresso or at the most a macchiato or flat white.

Hazelnut or gingerbread are quite nice if you do like syrups.
A coconut latte is surprisingly good. I know it sounds weird but it works.

The thing about Starbucks is that they make bad espresso, so if you go there, you need to at least dilute it with a lot of milk, but they won't heat or foam that properly either, so you might as well get some syrup in it too, and sprinkles or whatever ideally.

This all sounds like a really good reason to find somewhere else to get a hot beverage...

The thing about Starbucks is that they make bad espresso, so if you go there, you need to at least dilute it with a lot of milk, but they won't heat or foam that properly either, so you might as well get some syrup in it too, and sprinkles or whatever ideally. On that basis toffee nut latte is better than pumpkin spice I'd say. At Caffe Nero or a decent indie shop I'll have espresso or at the most a macchiato or flat white.

A coconut latte is surprisingly good. I know it sounds weird but it works.
I'll try it.

I really don't think Caffe Nero coffee is any better than Starbucks.

I've never tried it either. I quite like hazelnut syrup but had to stop ordering it as every place puts way too much in and now all the syrups are sugar free, they are utterly vile.

I am building up to a coconut latte.

I'll try it.

An espresso from Caffe Nero is pretty much guaranteed to be drinkable. An espresso from Starbucks is pretty much guaranteed to be undrinkable. I sometimes forget this or think "maybe it's not always true" and order an espresso at Starbucks and it's always horrible.

This all sounds like a really good reason to find somewhere else to get a hot beverage...
Well, if you want an espresso. It doesn't make any difference if what you want is a hot caffeinated flavoured milkshake, and in the winter I often do tbh, there's no shame in it.

Well, if you want an espresso. It doesn't make any difference if what you want is a hot caffeinated flavoured milkshake, and in the winter I often do tbh, there's no shame in it.

Ah, I was reading it that you found yourself in Starbucks thinking "well everything else here is really shit, better add a ton of flavourings" :D

If you're going in there for stuff with all the flavourings, then fair dos :D

I'll try it.

The one good thing about Nero is they do a free coffee through O2 every Tuesday and Wednesday iirc. Try to remember that if I'm about. Otherwise it's an expensive rip off.

I've had a pumpkin spiced chai latte I think? It was nice, but cant remember where I got it from. I quite like some of the seasonal drinks, but don't buy many due too the cost. An iced Latte done properly is really nice.

The one good thing about Nero is they do a free coffee through O2 every Tuesday and Wednesday iirc. Try to remember that if I'm about. Otherwise it's an expensive rip off.

I've had a pumpkin spiced chai latte I think? It was nice, but cant remember where I got it from. I quite like some of the seasonal drinks, but don't buy many due too the cost. An iced Latte done properly is really nice.
I'm with O2. I'll look into this as I could really do with spending less on coffee.

I'm with O2. I'll look into this as I could really do with spending less on coffee.

You get it through the O2 priority app. I didn't know until the call handler told me when I was upgrading my phone. Think it's only after mid-day though.

I like squash, I like pumpkin, but I don't want it in my latte.

The wife has tried it, said it was vile so I've been fine leaving well alone.

Has it actually got pumpkin flavour in it then? I always assumed it was not pumpkin but just the spices you get in American pumpkin stuff which I always assumed was probably cinnamon and nutmeg. Pumpkin doesn't taste of anything anyway.

I have, I like it, it is very sweet though, I can rarely finish it.

Starbucks have full sugar syrups as well as sugar free.

I had a friend from LA who was absolutely obsessed with these things, he mentioned getting one and how much he enjoyed it every time we met. I would have made fun but he was such a wonderful, sunny person all the time, a one in a thousand completely naturally kind optimist. Mocking that guy would have been like kicking a kitten. I felt like I was enjoying the things by proxy just talking to him.

Back
Top Bottom