Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post random pics of your CD/vinyl/cassette collection

Quite low output compared to some other guitars. . . but I only ever noticed when making a direct comparison.
Probably, despite it's almost budget price, my second most used guitar.
Longhorn is compact enough for you to be able to take the neck off and pop it in a suitcase.

Yep - I’d love to fit more powerful pickups to it but it would ruin the lipstick look. I have it as a standby in open tuning during gigs but tend to use my Epiphone Sheraton where possible as it’s such a good all-rounder.

JapGSom.jpg

Kings of the Wild Frontier is a storming album. The two drummers with the Burundi beats, Marco Peroni's guitar, a career peak performance from Adam Ant, big pop hooks, perfectly walking that fine line between campiness and art-house chutzpah, imperceptibly switching gears between giddy and ominous. Over forty years later there's still nothing else that sounds like it.
All true. Top 10 all time album.

The other half of my chosen albums that get to hang out next to my deck, some new 12's given to me by a mate.

The Getz album was given to me by the same gentleman last week and is probably the only Jazz album I own so not just putting it there for looks as I played it last. What an album!

More to add at a later date.

1624301281890.jpeg1624301297229.jpeg

I can't understand why people like The Smiths
because if you play a Smiths record backwards it sounds better than the Cranberries
Kings of the Wild Frontier is a storming album. The two drummers with the Burundi beats, Marco Peroni's guitar, a career peak performance from Adam Ant, big pop hooks, perfectly walking that fine line between campiness and art-house chutzpah, imperceptibly switching gears between giddy and ominous. Over forty years later there's still nothing else that sounds like it.
just listened to a couple of tracks and youtube tells me Adamants have a UK tour in March 2022 if anyone is interested

That wall never gets any direct sunlight, the only sun in this room shines in the opposite direction.

I don't think they'll fade in just general daylight?
Not as quickly, but yeah they will over time. Records do tend to be more robust somehow.

I listened to it the other day, and was disappointed by how much the production on it had dated. The mix on some of the tracks sound really thin and amateur.
Mind you my amp is shot.

The other half of my chosen albums that get to hang out next to my deck, some new 12's given to me by a mate.

The Getz album was given to me by the same gentleman last week and is probably the only Jazz album I own so not just putting it there for looks as I played it last. What an album!

More to add at a later date.

View attachment 274654View attachment 274655
Disappointed it's not Spitfire by The Prodigy 😁

because if you play a Smiths record backwards it sounds better than the Cranberries

just listened to a couple of tracks and youtube tells me Adamants have a UK tour in March 2022 if anyone is interested
A single Iosa chord has more quality than the entire Smiths discography :D

cds-210621.jpg

storage is a bit more random than usual. one of the CD racks (cheap flat pack thing and then i got it second hand) has collapsed, so there's a pile in the box at the moment while i try and decide whether to reinforce or replace the darn thing...

Ah right thanks. I shall have to look for some sleeves with UV protection then or something,
I had some up on the walls in sleeves in the 90s out of direct sunlight, and over the course of a year I saw a very slight difference, but nothing like the spines on my DVDs, which seemed to have faded very badly. Probably a different sort of printing/paper.

two copies of The Most of Lulu there :cool:
I have a few doubles, some triples. Usually an upgrade if I see a better one. In the case of the most of lulu, one has a colour reverse, one is black and white. The second one was absolutely mint and only 1 or 2 quid.

I can't actually read anything in that picture apart from lightning bolt.

Could go on Bandwidthz but I think the audience here is more fitting.

1624531973677.png

Flip through a treasured record collection and you’re likely to find tattered covers and faded, bent corners on the most played albums. Artist Erik Burke displays these signs of a well-loved LPs in a new mural that amplifies music’s outsized impact to a monumental scale. Tucked into a corner at Reno’s Record Street Brewing

Back
Top Bottom