Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pokemon Go

I do like getting gifts from all these interesting places.
Try and prioritise opening gifts from further away when you have an empty slot for eggs to increase your collection of far away creatures, that way when you trade with people you can get your pilot badge faster.

Is there a French player on this thread? :hmm:
someone added me and been getting gifts from Paris :cool:

also added a real life person as a friend and did a trade with a pokemon of theirs they caught in Thailand and it was over 10,000k in one go!

I stopped playing this game cuz I started playing ingress again.

If you can do stuff over continents then I might just start again.

You can sort of - you can make friends with people from anywhere and send each other gifts (which you pick up from stops/gyms). The gifts contain items (potions/balls/revives) and sometimes also 7km eggs which hatch an alolan variety pokemon.

All pokemon caught or hatched are now also geo-tagged so when you trade with someone (who has to be physically within 100m of you) it tells you the "distance" of the trade, which is the distance between the two places the pokemon were caught/hatched. (to be exacting about it, Niantic uses a cartography method called s2 cells to flatten out the earth for the game. The pokemon caught location is the centre of a cell size which is 10km square or diagonal, varies slightly depending on where you are in relation to the equator - nearer the poles it's a little less or more or something) I struggle with the details of this system!. So anyway it means that in the trade distances are done in blocks of 10km or so, not more accurate than that)

When you get an egg from a gift, the hatch location is the location of the stop/gym the gift was sent from, not where it was hatched, so you can have pokemon from other places in the world (and they count for that distance when traded - there is a badge for total distance of trades).

It's not a lot of interaction cross continent, but there have also been a lot of other changes to the game (depending on when you stopped playing obviously!) which you might enjoy.

I think I've only got a couple of people off here on my friends list. My first lot aren't far away from the top level so long for more now. Feel free to add :) 3588 6243 0043!

I have everyone I think. I'm sorry my gifting has been a bit sparse - my pokestops have not been delivering :mad: (is it weird that I'm thinking of getting one of those watch things that auto spins pokestops :oops: )

I have everyone I think. I'm sorry my gifting has been a bit sparse - my pokestops have not been delivering :mad: (is it weird that I'm thinking of getting one of those watch things that auto spins pokestops :oops: )

What magnificence is this?

I really wish I could link it to my fitbit. I’d hatch gazillions of eggs then.

If anyone is still short of friends I just googled "pokemon go friend codes" and found a mahoosive long list and randomly added people, got a couple of americans

Back
Top Bottom