Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Plusnet, crap or not crap

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
I am on a two year contract with them.
I think I have made a tiny mistake, I thought I was getting a fixed £24.99 deal from them, however my bills vary.
I tried to ask the plus net community, but could not really get what they were saying, and do not understand why I am not just paying £24.99, some months it's over £29.

I am querying it because I have a mobile contract with tescomobile, a tenner a month and that stays at a tenner. I love my tescomobile, but wonder why my internet bill is higher and varies.
I use the web a lot, a massive lot.
Phone not part of deal, its BB only.

Last edited:
With Plusnet they sell you broadband and a landline connection - the packages generally include free calls within parameters, but if you make calls outside of set hours or to particular types of numbers you will be charged additionally for those calls.

With Plusnet they sell you broadband and a landline connection - the packages generally include free calls within parameters, but if you make calls outside of set hours or to particular types of numbers you will be charged additionally for those calls.
No calls, its BB only, I edited my OP to mention that, sorry I should have said, it's BB only but dunno why price varies.

I was going to say they were fucking awful but I got my crap broadband providers mixed up. They were useless but nowhere near as bad as Talk Talk or Virgin.

No calls, its BB only, I edited my OP to mention that, sorry I should have said, it's BB only but dunno why price varies.
What package do you have? Full Fibre is the only one they do which doesn't automatically include line rental

What package do you have? Full Fibre is the only one they do which doesn't automatically include line rental

Hi
It's definitely only broadband, I specified this with the guy on the phone when I started the contract.
Here are two screenshots, I NEVER use my landline, I don't even answer calls as they are cold calls.
My mobile is tescomobile, they are great, here's two plus net screenshots that confuse me.
I feel annoying cos I can't understand them on FB plus net community.

Hi
It's definitely only broadband, I specified this with the guy on the phone when I started the contract.
Here are two screenshots, I NEVER use my landline, I don't even answer calls as they are cold calls.
My mobile is tescomobile, they are great, here's two plus net screenshots that confuse me.
I feel annoying cos I can't understand them on FB plus net community.
You have Plusnet's Unlimited Fibre package.

This package is for broadband and line rental (through which you receive your broadband). Even if you don't want it for a landline, you have to have line rental, because that is how your router accesses the internet.

The only Plusnet package you can get which does not include line rental is Full Fibre.

You have been charged for a call to a mobile.

When did you begin your contract? Often the first period - say, 12 months - will be at a lower introductory offer, before moving to a higher 'standard' rate in e.g. month 13.

You have Plusnet's Unlimited Fibre package.

This package is for broadband and line rental (through which you receive your broadband). Even if you don't want it for a landline, you have to have line rental, because that is how your router accesses the internet.

The only Plusnet package you can get which does not include line rental is Full Fibre.

You have been charged for a call to a mobile.
I wonder why I was charged a call to a mobile?
I know it's only 47p but I don't want more charges, I don't pick up my landline.
How much is full fibre?
I have 9months to go on my contract.
I don't want anymore charges to mobile when I don't pick up my landline, I will have to monitor bills each month to check for errors.

When did you begin your contract? Often the first period - say, 12 months - will be at a lower introductory offer, before moving to a higher 'standard' rate in e.g. month 13.
I think beginning of last year, I have 9mos to go on it.
Darn, it was varying in the first 12 mos

I think that's an outgoing call, so someone has called a mobile from your landline. Or maybe you called your own mobile because you couldn't find it? (I do this!) Suggest you unplug the handset and hide it somewhere.

I think that's an outgoing call, so someone has called a mobile from your landline. Or maybe you called your own mobile because you couldn't find it? (I do this!) Suggest you unplug the handset and hide it somewhere.
Hello there is nobody in my Home but me. The possibility of me calling my own mobile did not occur to me so thank you as this may well have happened. It's only 47p, I don't lose my mobile very often.

Hello there is nobody in my Home but me. The possibility of me calling my own mobile did not occur to me so thank you as this may well have happened. It's only 47p, I don't lose my mobile very often.
If that is indeed your mobile number listed you should consider deleting the picture for privacy.

If that is indeed your mobile number listed you should consider deleting the picture for privacy.
:) I always do that. I am the type who begrudges crossing out their address on enveloped before bin, security is a hassle but necessary.
I often put my email address and personal details up, and have to be reminded

Back
Top Bottom