Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pictures and videos of people dancing

Has this been posted? It's not all people dancing, but it does have some previously unshown footage of the Sterns dancefloors. It's pretty good, although I realise that might be the nostagia for that era talking.

Cheers - that's very interesting!
isn't it. I never went, because I was a student trying to live on 120 quid a month after rent, and didn't have a car, nor did I know anyone who had a car, pills were 13-15 quid, etc. Went to some In-Ter-Dance/Mantra/Passion events when they were actually in Brighton, and thus walkable. But it was legendary in it's 'ardcore drug mentalism inferno status.

Yeah, that book does sound good, I got sent this FT article about it as well.
This article actually has less pictures of dancing than the headline might suggest, it's mostly more "pictures of people being in a place where dancing is probably happening somewhere":

Two recommendations for films with people dancing:
1) turns out you can watch the new Roman rave documentary, Roma Illegale, on youtube here - definitely better to get to a showing if you can though!

2) 2-Tone film Dance Craze is being reissued and in cinemas now: Dance Craze

This is not really people dancing (though there are clips and any fuck the rules, it’s my thread!), but I’m sure people following this thread will appreciate it - it’s chock-full of sampleable quotes like ‘YOU’RE MAKING MORE NOISE THAN THE ACID HOUSE
PARTIES, BARBARA!’

This is not really people dancing (though there are clips and any fuck the rules, it’s my thread!), but I’m sure people following this thread will appreciate it - it’s chock-full of sampleable quotes like ‘YOU’RE MAKING MORE NOISE THAN THE ACID HOUSE
PARTIES, BARBARA!’

Still watching this and a very young oilslickhaired Keir Starmer makes an appearance at 20.34 as a civil liberties advisor and RKS fucks him off before he gets started cos he’s never been to a rave! :D

Back
Top Bottom