Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pictures and videos of people dancing

ska invita has just posted this here:

Bt5sNoyIAAEMyzL.jpg

Looks to have been quite the party, doesn't it George...

NatalieRowe3.jpg

ska invita has just posted this here:

Bt5sNoyIAAEMyzL.jpg

Looks to have been quite the party, doesn't it George...

NatalieRowe3.jpg
"
They were proper little ravers and loved clubbing. When George got tipsy, he lost his reserve and wanted to dance. But he was a terrible dancer. Just imagine tipsy public schoolboys at a disco. I have a photo of him dancing at my flat.

“He loved Heroes by David Bowie and Gold by Spandau Ballet.”

If anyone here used to go to the Tyssen Street parties in Dalston then someone has uploaded a 40min video of a Pendragon party from 1999. It's pretty rare to see photos let alone video from that venue so good to see.

I had one of the best birthday parties ever there, even though I wasn't a massive fan of psytrance and acid techno. The night I was there was a Beltane party, which I think means Easter. The chillout room had Joi playing one of the most amazing sets I've heard: Asian psychedelic dubness. I was off my face on everything though. I remember my mate Ben wandering off down a corridor to find a toilet and opening a door to find a hippy at a desk with a massive pile of money on it. The hippy said 'welcome to the church. the church of DO NOT COME IN', so he clenched his bladder and went his merry way.

Yeah it was a real maze that place, every time you went there were different rooms open you'd never been in before, sometimes gangways leading to an entirely different building with another huge room full of people dancing. I think at some point there was an actual church/religious group that used one of the lower floors so you would get munted clubbers passing the religious worshippers on the stairs early Sunday morning.
Towards the end we befriended some people who rented one of the top floor studios as an art workshop, we would nip up for a cup of tea and a spliff mid party.

I'm sure this must have been posted already... there's a few Detroit Dance Party vids on youtube that are good uplifters, I think this one might be from slightly later:

If anyone here used to go to the Tyssen Street parties in Dalston then someone has uploaded a 40min video of a Pendragon party from 1999. It's pretty rare to see photos let alone video from that venue so good to see.

Pretty sure I was there with a load of uk.music.rave peeps, all I can remember is a downstairs toilet an inch deep in piss,and a few fleeting memories.....I blame the dolphins

Back
Top Bottom