Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

Love this time of year at the local ponds. All the cute ducklings come out, before the hoardes of Canadian geese develop :D

We have greylag geese

20210427_124853.jpg

And Egyptian geese

20210427_130818.jpg

That small grey lump in the middle of the pic is a heron, looked a bit grumpy today

20210427_124925.jpg

This little coot saw off a Swan trying to have a go at their nest

20210427_125205.jpg

Baby moorhens!!

20210427_130444.jpg

Seeing off the geese

20210427_125925.jpg

We get grebes and cormorants too but didn't see any today. Nor the resident kingfisher but he's harder to spot.

Where's that A380 ? (You should always caption your posts for me because, Beds - or is this Beds?)
Sorry, Yes this is Odell Country Park about an hour ago. All my pics from the last two weeks have been in Bedfordshire. Even the ones with the hills...

ETA not quite true, two a couple of days ago were from Grafham Water which is just over the border in Huntingdonshire... But here's a bonus ancient spring from under the church at Pavenham:07509130-A277-4E1F-9AFD-6F7F50899E7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, Yes this is Odell Country Park about an hour ago. All my pics from the last two weeks have been in Bedfordshire. Even the ones with the hills...

Odell what?

My first proper gf (virginity and all that) was the daughter of the farm manager (the bloke who farmed the Lord of the Manor's farm) in Odell. 1980. There was no country park.

Odell what?

My first proper gf (virginity and all that) was the daughter of the farm manager (the bloke who farmed the Lord of the Manor's farm) in Odell. 1980. There was no country park.
Like everything else here it was a gravel or sand pit. Turned into a park in the 80's (Which happens to about 1/3 of the many holes in the ground we have here to make the bricks and mortar they used to build London; the other 2/3, of course, being filled with London's rubbish...

Odell what?

"I remember when all this was light industrial units and mineral extraction. Now its all gone, replaced by fields and lakes..."

Back
Top Bottom