Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pick a Small Nation to Support

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Here we go again.

By small nation, I mean with few competitors.

By few competitors, I mean less than five people except in the case of teams e.g. football 5 or 7-a-side, goalball, etc. where a team will be classed as one person.

I pick Cameroon. They have one athelete and it is their first time at the games.
Their athelete is Conrat Frederic Atangana who is a powerlifter classification PO..

(I can't claim to understand the classifications yet)

I pick Cameroon. They have one athelete and it is their first time at the games.
Their athelete is Conrat Frederic Atangana who is a powerlifter classification PO..

(I can't claim to understand the classifications yet)

Each sport has its own classifications.

However

The classification rules of the International Federation for Powerlifting state that athletes with a physical impairment in their legs or hips, which would prohibit them compete in weightlifting are eligible to compete in the sport at the Paralympics.

Competitors are classified by bodyweight alone in Powerlifting: athletes with different impairments compete for the same medals.

Read an overview of classification at the London 2012 Paralympic Games

I'll have Bhutan

Archer Sherab Zam and shooter Kunzang Choden, both 28-year-old women, are the only two athletes to represent the remote kingdom at the 2012 Games, competing on wildcard entries allocated to ensure all 204 National Olympic Committees can take part even if no athletes have qualified.

Conrat Atangana came in 9th in the results of the Men's -56 kg powerlifting, he managed 155 Kg.

I have no idea if 155kg is a lot, I don't really visualise kilograms.

Back
Top Bottom