Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Phil Spencer off Location, Location, Location likes to kill deer and take a selfie

But anyone who is chuffed to bits killing something is a cunt, regardless of their background of whatever. Understandable to be relieved after killing a dangerous predator that was going after you for dinner, but that's about it.

But anyone who is chuffed to bits killing something is a cunt, regardless of their background of whatever. Understandable to be relieved after killing a dangerous predator that was going after you for dinner, but that's about it.

The devil is in the detail. It depends on what he actually said, and what someone else reported he said..

It's the curse of journalism/hysterical fuckwits - you might spend 15 minutes talking about something complex in a nuanced manner, and what gets reported is a dozen words devoid of context that the 'reporter' specifically chooses to make their point, not yours.

Hunters who do this for a living don't burst into tears either when they successfully culled an animal and there will be smiley trophy photos of them as well. Like anybody else, they are proud of their work.

Have a thread about how immoral property programmes by the likes of Allsop and Spencer are, because they really are harmful. Trying to get at posh twats this way is counterproductive.

Although I doubt it, in the nine years since the article was published he might have completely changed his view on the rights and wrongs of shooting. This is part of the problem of the internet, things you did years ago easily come back to haunt you. Which of us can honestly say that there are things in our pasts which, if they were to resurface, would cause us embarrassment? And how many of those things would we still do/say, because our views and positions have changed? There’s a lot I’d rather stay in the past and I’d not say/do again.

You can't commit a forgivable youthful indiscretion at the age of 40.

tbf atheltic cows are hardly a challenge to hunt crawling another 500m to "own the kill" made worse that the ghillie had to be 80 wasn't at all bothered could have taken the entire herd out with a mortar job done.

Hunters who do this for a living don't burst into tears either when they successfully culled an animal and there will be smiley trophy photos of them as well. Like anybody else, they are proud of their work.

Have a thread about how immoral property programmes by the likes of Allsop and Spencer are, because they really are harmful. Trying to get at posh twats this way is counterproductive.
Yep this. As long as he, or someone, ate it, I have no problem with what he did here.

As for the ethics of the cull, well as said we've driven out/killed all their (other) natural predators - wolves, mainly, I would guess, in the past. So we kill an equivalent number each year with rifles instead. It's the deer's annual Russian roulette. Probably a nicer death than being killed by a pack of wolves, tbf.

I get the argument of the necessity of culling some species, but even if one firmly believes it is the right thing to do, it takes a special kind of cunt to draw pleasure out of it, never mind actually paying money to do it. Every bit as fucked up as a civilian paying money to euthanise ill cats and dogs at a vet practice as an enjoyable experience AFAIAC.

The rich hunters make the management of the deer herds possible.
MoD managed to spend over a million quid replacing it's deer stalking club " with professional pest control" who totally fucked it up.

Anybody here who is a vegan can object to this to their heart's content (though they should still be aware that a genuinely vegan diet is an illusion, unless you are 100% self-sufficient). Anybody who isn't a vegan and who objects to this, is a hypocrite.

Anybody here who is a vegan can object to this to their heart's content (though they should still be aware that a genuinely vegan diet is an illusion, unless you are 100% self-sufficient). Anybody who isn't a vegan and who objects to this, is a hypocrite.

Irrelevant. And it's what the factory farming lobbyists would say. "Want to improve animal welfare do you? You're not a vegan lol you ate an egg do you know where that comes from ojasdfhdjsf hypocrite"

Campaign against climate change via a computer? Hypocrite.

I can object to people hunting for their own self-aggrandizement while I am wearing leather shoes, thanks.

Irrelevant. And it's what the factory farming lobbyists would say. "Want to improve animal welfare do you? You're not a vegan lol you ate an egg do you know where that comes from ojasdfhdjsf hypocrite"

Campaign against climate change via a computer? Hypocrite.

I can object to people hunting for their own self-aggrandizement while I am wearing leather shoes, thanks.

You can indeed and it makes you a hypocrite in my book. That may be irrelevant to you, but it's not to me.

When I buy venison there's usually a sticker on the pack saying "caution: may contain shotgun pellets"

I don't necessarily think shooting one is worse than and is probably a lot less inhumane (in terms of the life of the animal) than the factory farm to abattoir method of meat production.

As long as someone ate it, I am ok with that. I have an objection to shooting/hunting for sport only.

I agree the gloating is in poor taste. If an abattoir worker did that it would be viewed as unacceptable and possibly worrying.

What a fucking shitbag.

Huntsman: Location, Location, Location host Phil Spencer grins with a deer carcass

*yes, it's 9 years old but fuck the twat

Is that a silencer?

No. If a rifle is legally held you can fit a moderator to it. Many do. I think it used to be illegal to fit one to a handgun but since they've all been made illegal anyway, suppressed pistols in civilian ownership are no longer a thing.

Ye, I did a quick google search and it seems you can fit one IF you apply to do so AND have good reason. I can't think what good reason would be. Generally people go hunting in the middle of nowhere so there isn't many neighbours to upset with noise/flash.

Ye, I did a quick google search and it seems you can fit one IF you apply to do so AND have good reason. I can't think what good reason would be. Generally people go hunting in the middle of nowhere so there isn't many neighbours to upset with noise/flash.

Well there are people who live rurally who get disturbed by the noise from shooting - especially night rabbit shoots tbh - it was pretty much a feature of my childhood and my parents still have to put up with it now.

Shooting rurally doesn't mean "no-one within earshot" - it's actually fucking noisy and a disturbance. You might want to imagine that no-one lives nearby, but I can pretty much guarantee that isn't the case, we're not talking the wilds of Alaska or something.

It's as much about your own hearing and those around to you as it is the neighbours. If you're hunting deer you probably aren't wearing ear defenders or plugs. They can also reduce recoil quite significantly.

Well there are people who live rurally who get disturbed by the noise from shooting - especially night rabbit shoots tbh - it was pretty much a feature of my childhood and my parents still have to put up with it now.

Shooting rurally doesn't mean "no-one within earshot" - it's actually fucking noisy and a disturbance.

nowt worse than hawk twoing when your eating a nice but of rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom