Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who shoot photos with their lens hood on backwards

More importantly though, how did he use a lens hood?
Magnifying glasses don't take hoods. If he had indulged in photography, in those days the hood would not have been on the lens but would be a cloth over the head of the photographer at the back of the camera. Holmes was probably a bit early for that though.

Magnifying glasses don't take hoods. If he had indulged in photography, in those days the hood would not have been on the lens but would be a cloth over the head of the photographer at the back of the camera. Holmes was probably a bit early for that though.
sherlock_camera.gif

Completely clueless :facepalm:

Last edited:
I think it's absolutely wonderful that we have so many accessible methods for photography these days. When Messrs Kodak and Polaroid (yes, I know) made their respective inventions that allowed families to easily take lots of photographs of holidays and birthdays and their new fancy rug to send to Aunt Mavis in Australia I wonder if they could guess at just how it would grow.

And right on cue:

The latest issue of large format arts and fashion magazine Centrefold features some striking photography shot using Nokia Lumia smartphones.

Centrefold is a bi-annual title launched by photographer Andrew Hobbs. For its tenth issue showcasing emerging photographic and modelling talent, the magazine teamed up with Nokia and commissioned nine photographers to conduct shoots using the Lumia 1020.

dsc_0377_2.jpg

dsc_0389_0.jpg

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2014/march/centrefold-nokia-lumia

re lens hoods putting a shadow on the bottom of images, if you have a large diameter lens / hood (some of mine are 77mm) and use the on board flash there is a risk of that. I use an external Sunpak (tilt and swivel), a lot higher and never get this issue.

re lens hoods putting a shadow on the bottom of images, if you have a large diameter lens / hood (some of mine are 77mm) and use the on board flash there is a risk of that. I use an external Sunpak (tilt and swivel), a lot higher and never get this issue.

I was messing with my camera last week, taking pictures of some stuff I'm selling, and I accidentally pressed a button and a little flash popped up. I'd forgotten the camera had an onboard flash.. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom