Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who shoot photos with their lens hood on backwards

on the contrary, it's a great read if you enjoy yelling "what the FUCK are you talking about" with increasing velocity each time you click next page

on the contrary, it's a great read if you enjoy yelling "what the FUCK are you talking about" with increasing velocity each time you click next page
It takes all sorts, but you're seriously weird, dude.

It takes all sorts, but you're seriously weird, dude.

it's sarcasm, over time i've learned that you are more obtuse than a geometric angle greater than 90 and less than 180 degrees

edit: i've been practicing my "family friendly" retorts to appeal to your humor, hope this works :thumbs:

you follow me into practically every thread i post in and the stern father approach doesn't work here lmao, not to mention i literally put my personal information such as my full real name and birthdate into u75 when i registered so the whole "age condescension" fails too

edit: to make it clear to someone like you, were i to give a lone shit about what people think of my age i probably wouldn't have left it in my profile to begin with :D

Don't know if this is exactly the right thread to ask but I've read posts discussing smart phone photography here.

I've a iPhone 6 Plus which camera is fine for me apart from zoom pics, which go really grainy so aren't worth doing, but I've noticed you can get separate lens gadgets which from what I gather have zoom feature but there's no customer reviews of it.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H...93b3d16b233672f6e67268c9c39887680b99186c42e6d

Does anyone have any experience with this or similar, or are they more gimmicky?

I'm just trying to be able to get zoom pics without grainy results.

Thanks in advance for any kind advice :)

you follow me into practically every thread i post in and the stern father approach doesn't work here lmao, not to mention i literally put my personal information such as my full real name and birthdate into u75 when i registered so the whole "age condescension" fails too

Pfft, Greebo stalks everyone, stop trying to be special.

Don't know if this is exactly the right thread to ask but I've read posts discussing smart phone photography here.

I've a iPhone 6 Plus which camera is fine for me apart from zoom pics, which go really grainy so aren't worth doing, but I've noticed you can get separate lens gadgets which from what I gather have zoom feature but there's no customer reviews of it.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H...93b3d16b233672f6e67268c9c39887680b99186c42e6d

Does anyone have any experience with this or similar, or are they more gimmicky?

I'm just trying to be able to get zoom pics without grainy results.

Thanks in advance for any kind advice :)
The zoom on an iphone is all done digitally (as it is pretty much all other smartphones), so it's not worth using as you can just crop the photo to get the same effect. I haven't tried a lens adapter with my iphone, but it looks like they might be better than using the phone's zoom feature. There's a review of some of them here:
http://www.macworld.com/article/241...-little-dslr-on-the-front-of-your-iphone.html

The zoom on an iphone is all done digitally (as it is pretty much all other smartphones), so it's not worth using as you can just crop the photo to get the same effect. I haven't tried a lens adapter with my iphone, but it looks like they might be better than using the phone's zoom feature. There's a review of some of them here:
http://www.macworld.com/article/241...-little-dslr-on-the-front-of-your-iphone.html

Thank you! :)

Edit: From your kind link the Schneider Optics iPro Lens System seems to be what I'm looking to achieve and gets a very good rating also, plus it's claimed "The Best glass for DSLR results".

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Good luck trying to get 'DSLR results' from an iPhone.

The iPhone 6 Plus camera is pretty good I think (without using zoom) and I've posted some photos I've done already,

http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/december-2014-photo-thread.329833/page-2

And another on pg3 of above link thread.

I'm mainly looking to be able to zoom without getting a grainy image which will do for me.

This is another photo I took on iP6+ and it's totally unedited

ncxppx.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine does it with annoying regularity. He has an astonishing collection of incredible, non-processed, cameraphone photos.
They may well be very good - most high end cameraphones are pretty good as point and shooters these days - but any comparisons with 'DSLR quality' quickly fall apart when the light goes down, or true depth of field effects are wanted or the image has a high dynamic range. Bolting on third party zooms is hardly an ideal solution either, and phones have awful handing compared to a proper camera.

They may well be very good - most high end cameraphones are pretty good as point and shooters these days - but any comparisons with 'DSLR quality' quickly fall apart when the light goes down, or true depth of field effects are wanted or the image has a high dynamic range. Bolting on third party zooms is hardly an ideal solution either, and phones have awful handing compared to a proper camera.
i've an auld a200 sony dslr, which has f numbers up to the 30s. you won't find that on a phone camera. you won't have the quality of zoom of a lumix on a phone camera, not even an auld tz18. if what you want's right at hand you'll get a decent picture. but the laws of optics prevent a phone camera lens from being as good as the lens you find on dslrs.

Say what? DSLRs come with a sensor that is an order of magnitude bigger then the wee thing in your phone, and you can access a wide range of fast lenses and do things that aren't just possible on a cameraphone.

I'm not suggesting otherwise and I know nothing about DSLR cameras apart from what I learn here, so far.

I was replying to poster who commented to consider just standing closer to what you wish to take a photo of.

I'm just trying to find something that can provide a zoom feature to my iP6+ without the really bad grain that comes using the phones standard zoom which is really quite grainy so much it's just not worth using.

The link to review add on lens's provided by neonwilderness was pretty interesting to me as it showed one model in particular that appears to have improved zoom quality judging by the sample photo provided.

Back
Top Bottom