Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who shoot photos with their lens hood on backwards

You're the one insisting that you know best.

Professional photographers all have different ways of working, so why don't you express your opinion and tell me what experience you're basing it on?
No, you're the one insisting I am 100% wrong about this and then ignoring all the evidence I posted.

It's a fucking waste of time talking to you. You are completely ignoring all the evidence I've put to you.

A FUCKING PRO PHOTOGRAPHER OF THIRTY YEARS HAS SAYS UV FILTERS ARE USELESS. WHY THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU SAYING HE IS WRONG?
Oh, a caps lock hissy fit! When you've calmed down, could you explain why everyone should exclusively listen to the opinion of 'one fucking pro' who I've never heard of?

What about the opinions of other fucking pro photographers?

It's a fucking waste of time talking to you. You are completely ignoring all the evidence I've put to you.

A FUCKING PRO PHOTOGRAPHER OF THIRTY YEARS HAS SAYS UV FILTERS ARE USELESS. WHY THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU SAYING HE IS WRONG?

And yes of course I watched the video - AND YOU CONVENIENTLY IGNORE MIKE BROWNE'S VIDEO. And he agrees with what I've been saying all along. As for the comments, they are either agreeing, or saying that UV filters do not degrade image quality, which is bollocks.
Are you on drugs?

Oh, a caps lock hissy fit! When you've calmed down, could you explain why everyone should exclusively listen to the opinion of 'one fucking pro' who I've never heard of?

What about the opinions of other fucking pro photographers?
So, we're only supposed to listen to the opinions of people you've heard of huh? And someone's thirty years of experience counts for nothing, nor that they have one of the most popular and imo best photography tutorial channels on YT?

So, we're only supposed to listen to the opinions of people you've heard of huh? And someone's thirty years of experience counts for nothing, nor that they have one of the most popular and imo best photography tutorial channels on YT?
Perhaps you missed it when I patiently explained that different photographers have different ways of working. What one individual thinks (who I've never heard of) is neither here nor there. Seeing as you seem to hold such store by the pro bit, have you ever worked professionally as a photographer, by the way?

I've also been noticing this reverse hood thing in the past couple of years. I don't recall seeing it before. I say that because I look at other people's cameras. I think it might also be part fad.

h7B69DD46

And yes of course I watched the video - AND YOU CONVENIENTLY IGNORE MIKE BROWNE'S VIDEO. And he agrees with what I've been saying all along. As for the comments, they are either agreeing, or saying that UV filters do not degrade image quality, which is bollocks.

meltdown02_cover.jpg

Perhaps you missed it when I patiently explained that different photographers have different ways of working. What one individual thinks (who I've never heard of) is neither here nor there. Seeing as you seem to hold such store by the pro bit, have you ever worked professionally as a photographer, by the way?
So I say again, we're only supposed to listen to people who a) you've heard of, and b) agree with what you think? What's you're experience?

A quote from Tony Northrup's book:

Tony Northrup said:
Some people will tell you to use a UV filter to protect your lens. Filters reduce the image quality by requiring light to pass through an unnecessary layer, and they can also introduce flaring and vignetting. The cheap filter will scratch, which night make you think it's saving your lens, but your lens (typically made of glass) is actually pretty scratch-resistant. For those reasons I don't recommend using a UV filter.

The Bungle73 metamorphosis is really weird. Transition from unremarkable longtime occasional poster to consistent and persistent competitor for bolshy pub-wanker of the year in the blink of an eye. :confused:

So, what about that opinion by another fucking pro photographer? You going to ignore that? Why?
I haven't ignored anything. You're one claiming I'm some sort of idiot for taking a side. You're the one who doesn't even want to listen to anyone with a counter view, no matter who they are.

So I say again, we're only supposed to listen to people who a) you've heard of, and b) agree with what you think? What's you're experience?
No, I say listen to as many pros as you can and make up your own mind for what suits you best. And whatever you do, don't listen to just one CAPS LOCK RANTING person who suddenly elevates the opinion of one little known snapper over that of everyone else's, because that clearly would be a very silly way to act.

Oh, wait...

No, I say listen to as many pros as you can and make up your own mind for what suits you best. And whatever you do, don't listen to just one CAPS LOCK RANTING person who suddenly elevates the opinion of one little known snapper over that of everyone else's, because that clearly would be a very silly way to act.

Oh, wait...
One "litter" snapper? He is a pro of thirty years. How many more fucking times?

I posted three videos that say UV's are usless.

Tony Northrup says they are useless

Why are being such a HUGE dick about this?

That's your problem, right there.
My problem here is you.

Because in certain lighting situations here, the photos seem to look better. Actually, I swore by it. Last summer, I dropped my camera and the filter broke. I said 'fuck' so loud, that everyone within a block of me at Italian Days heard it. I haven't replaced it yet.

Back
Top Bottom