Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham news, rumours and general chat

Friend who lives in peckham rye SE15 area is having a birthday tomorrow. I'd love to send her a vegetarian meal and or cake/ pudding. plus wine would be a bonus. (sad to not be able to see her and go out)

Any recomendations of good places that are open and delivering?

bussey-rooftop.jpg

One for rooftop dwelling cocktail slurpers
Peckham’s Bussey Rooftop Bar is open for winter with a makeover, DJs, food and cocktails

It is bewildering how

A) the cocktails at this place cost £9.50

and

B) they cost more than the 'main meals' on their menu.

Is Peckham Rye nearing peak gentrification?

'I went to Peckham's Bussey rooftop bar and was ripped off with a terrible £9.50 cocktail in a plastic cup'

I was in Peckham yesterday and the speed of the gentrification happening there was quite depressing. There's still enough good/non twatty stuff there to make it worth a visit but it's certainly hurtling along the same kind of path Brixton did 15-odd years ago.

Its good to see someone speaking out about getting ripped off in these places. But as the author pointed out, there is no shortage of people queuing up to happily be shafted for the privilege of drinking a laughable drink in a multi storey carpark.
Run by the clowns who turned a rent free prime location in Brixton into a perennial loss maker!

I was in Peckham yesterday and the speed of the gentrification happening there was quite depressing. There's still enough good/non twatty stuff there to make it worth a visit but it's certainly hurtling along the same kind of path Brixton did 15-odd years ago.

I would say it's much closer to Brixton already, no? Certainly hipsters, house prices, trendy wine bars etc have all been there a few years now.

I would say it's much closer to Brixton already, no? Certainly hipsters, house prices, trendy wine bars etc have all been there a few years now.
Yes, but there's still plenty of local businesses on the main drag, and all the coffee chains haven't moved in yet.

"The residents of Peckham are about to be thrust into the limelight in a brand-new observational documentary series, from the makers of The Masked Singer ..."

(Source: ITV Press Centre)

peckhams_finest_001.jpg

(Source: ITV)

The Cast

Peckham’s Finest launches on 20 October 2021 on ITV2.

I think there’s been a death at the leisure centre. Loads of police and an ambulance. Onlookers claiming someone died in the pool. I can’t see any info on this anywhere. :(

Back
Top Bottom