Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attacks and beheadings in France

But it's also not immune to critique, yes?

Of course not. And the best time to do that and get worked up about exclusion for the first time (maybe not you personally, I dunno, but y'know) in schools is definitely when a guy has had his head chopped off.

religion doesn't exist in specific societies under specific conditions lads, it's constituted in immutable stone tablets for all times and all occasions.

Well done for doing the wahabists work for them..

france is a big country. there's bound to be good teachers and bad, holding good, bad and middling lessons every day, sometimes putting their pieds in their bouches. somebody tells their parents, and stuff gets exaggerated and posted on social media.

the killer was 18 or 17, just a kid, 4 years older than the pupils, and he goes after someone he's never met before and cuts his head off with a kitchen knife? and then gets shot dead? sounds more like (american) school shooting teenagers to me than a breivik or christchurch style lone wolf terrorist. suicide by proxy? psychosis?
he'd been living in france since he was 7-8, still was a refugee. 'armed with two knives and a airsoft-gun' he went of to kill the wicked witch of the west and post pictures of the head on the net for all the honest world to see. Maybe those pictures will find their way into the curriculum one day.

we dont know what happened in that classroom. neither did abdullah or the islamists that spread the story. this wasn't about samuel patys teaching, could have been another teacher, a cop, anyone. three weeks earlier another 18 yr old boy from pakistan stabbed two people with a meat cleaver for standing outside ch's old office...

this is the real life version of the charlie h cartoon about drowning kids grown up to be monsters.
warn your kids about the police. warn the police about your kids.

'religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions. it's the opium of the people'

omar khayyam, abu al-ma'ari, ibn arabi, nah, all irrelevant. The fact that atheism and deism are on the rise amongst kids in the middle east (in religious schools in Turkey no less!) all irrelevant. The revolutionary movements all crushed, sometimes aided by your very free countries, irrelevant. all irrelevant.

Secularists converge with fundamentalists on political grounds, here we go.

Works for me, abolish hymns in school, abolish church visits, and abolish christmas/easter holidays.
One of the few things China has got/is getting right. Children under 18 not allowed in churches. I don't know if it's nationwide but it's certainly a move in the right direction.

One of the few things China has got/is getting right. Children under 18 not allowed in churches. I don't know if it's nationwide but it's certainly a move in the right direction.
Yes, China's approach to religious minorities is definitely something we can all learn from. Although you might do your learning in slightly uncomfortable surroundings and never see your family again.

Yes, China's approach to religious minorities is definitely something we can all learn from. Although you might do your learning in slightly uncomfortable surroundings and never see your family again.
You quoted what I typed and still managed to misrepresent what I typed... dick.

You quoted what I typed and still managed to misrepresent what I typed... dick.
I didn't misrepresent it. China's treatment of Christians and its treatment of Muslims form part of one political philosophy.

Also, show some respect. As indicated above, I identify as an arsehole.

I didn't misrepresent it. China's treatment of Christians and its treatment of Muslims form part of one political philosophy.

Also, show some respect. As indicated above, I identify as an arsehole.
Did I mention China's treatment of anyone? I mentioned not allowing children into churches.

Did I mention China's treatment of anyone? I mentioned not allowing children into churches.

the point is a state of any kind, no matter how purportedly secular it pretends to be, can abolish religion by fiat. The decline of religion comes out of real clashes of material forces people face in their daily lives, not via decree.

Blimy this place has fully turned into 'I'm too old for anarcho communism' hasn't it.

the point is a state of any kind, no matter how purportedly secular it pretends to be, can abolish religion by fiat. The decline of religion comes out of real clashes of material forces people face in their daily lives, not via decree.
Yeah, because cops shooting people who cut teachers heads off is working so well!

Back
Top Bottom