Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Cocteau Twins - Milk & Kisses
Missy Elliott - The Cookbook

After 6 LPs in 9 years, we now haven't had a new Missy album since 2005. :(

Eclipse by Emalkay

mzi.fqasrzmt.170x170-75.jpg

got this today, have'nt played it right the way through yet but impressed with what i've heard so far.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5As23KHi2s[/video]

Nice one, will check that - used to listen to Emalkay's shows on Rinse.

51ZIuenRnRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
This is brilliant: one of several loads of Bang/early era comps according to reviews on amazon -
the uncensored peadotastic Brown Eyed Girl & TB Sheets* sound the best I've heard them, the rest of the proper songs g from good to great , and it's got him attempting to get out of his record contract by doing deliberately rubbish Dylanesque songs & singing about ringworm:D
*(TB sheets isn't peadotastic btw, but he does sound like a lascivious snuffling pig at one point :hmm:)

The Killers - Hot Fuzz
currently singing along to "I've got soul, but I'm not a solider":D

eta: The Band - Anthology 1
& several replays of Daniel And The Sacred Harp, I Shall Be Released and Stage Fright (both heartbreaking, esp Richard Manuel's delivery on I Shall Be Released).

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

Three absolute crackers there, mate. Might have to give Darklands an airing here just now. Not heard it in years. :)

Three absolute crackers there, mate. Might have to give Darklands an airing here just now. Not heard it in years. :)

I do like Darklands, but it's still nowhere near Psychocandy, which is one of my favourite albums ever.

Prince Jammy - Kamikazi Dub
ISAN - Beautronics

Back
Top Bottom