Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

r_cecilfh.jpg

Syd Barrett - Rhamadan (bonus download from the new cd)
currently sounding like death via a Satanic Lawnmower:eek:meets an extremly proto version of that rave/house/whatever effect that sounded sort of wonky choral / church music and tape sliding backwards and forwards

The Cure - Mixed Up[/QUOTE]

I've been re-discovering the cure recently, some really good wrenching stuff but still really self indulgent when you listen to all the work for me (it never used to be, for me, back in the day). Found some really good old stuff though on Rarities - I Just Need Myself etc...

Yacht - Psychic City, Classixx rmx.

Nice melancholy dfa style punky funk.

What else that's similar out there to this as I'm really liking this and have it on repeat.

You might like the Shit Robot album, From the Cradle to the Rave - they're on DFA, the guy behind it, Marcus Lambkin, used to work there. One track in particular, Take 'em Up, sung by LCD's keyboards girl, who also sang on the last Juan Maclean lp.

The Railway Raver - You'll Never Get Anywhere By Spending All Day Playing Around With That Bloody Drum Machine EP

Howie B - Fabric05

DJ Krust - Warhead - play again n again
Monster - Daydream In Blue
Foundation Stepper

Most the songs on there are lesser versions IMO though. The best ones are on other albums (Loaded etc..) ;)

thanks - cd2 is mostly/all? alt/live versions. I need more Velvets in my life.

eta: recent listening The Jarvis Cocker Record

Sound Sanctuary - Dust
Ibrahim Ferrer & Omara Portuondio with various artists - Rhythms Del Mundo Cuba

now: Speeka - Bespoke

So I'm not the only person ever to buy the James Chance and the Contortions album. :)

Just finished, The Rumble Strips - Girls And Weather, which also has some wonderfully insane brass playing.

currently ruining my hearing with headphones and The Best Of The Ruts :cool::cool: (because of the return of sus thread)

I don't listen to them enough.

Surprised (in Backbiter) to hear that 'You Suck' was an British expression as early as '79.

Shape.jpg

"I've been accused of inventing Emo," said Dennis Lyxzén, last night. "How unfair. Nu-metal, maybe. Whatever. Fucking kill it ALL!!!"

:D :cool:

Back
Top Bottom