Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Isaac Hayes - "Shaft OST"
Emma Pollock - "The Law of Large Numbers"
PJ Harvey & John Parish - "A Woman A Man Walked By"
The Orb - "U.F.Orb"

Tom Waits - The Heart Of Saturday Night on the record player (side 1 in the early hours of today, side 2 when I finally dragged myself out of bed today)
The Dentists - Behind the door I keep the universe.

Was watching a programme about Vera Lynn last night so have been listening to some of her songs this morning. Lovely voice.

atmos-eps-960_2.jpg

Sunn O)))) meets Nurse With Wound - Iron Soul of Nothing.

Not sure listening to this just before bedtime is a good idea! :eek:

i did that once with that 'first taste of hope is fear' mix paul meme did a few years ago... i fell asleep with all the relaxing ambient swooshes at the beginning, only to be jerked awake terrified when 'halber mench' kicked in halfway through. :cool:

i did that once with that 'first taste of hope is fear' mix paul meme did a few years ago... i fell asleep with all the relaxing ambient swooshes at the beginning, only to be jerked awake terrified when 'halber mench' kicked in halfway through. :cool:

lol :D

I'm listening to Iron Soul of Nothing on headphones, in the house on my own with the missus and daughter away. When the smashing glass bit came on in the 2nd track, I nearly jumped out of my skin!

Mr David Viner's debut album, 'Mr David Viner'

Sounds great. Full of Toe Rag reverb and vibe. Really nice blues album - sounds a bit electric Dylan, early Stones.

He's gone a bit shit singer-songwriter now unfortunately.

New music here as amazon delivery today: listened to Fever Ray then a 'funky shit vol 1' my friend did now listening to Steve Mason.

I also have Wire 'Pink Flag' to listen to....I bought this after coming home the other night and a live tack was playingon R6 (Tom Robinson I think)...had never heard of them before.

discharge - hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing.

this is a bit good. sad i missed them at blackpool, but i guess they probably aren't as ace now...

Back
Top Bottom