Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Jesus+Lizard+Goat.jpg

the stone roses - fools gold
oasis - f**kin in the bushes
jesus jones - international bright young thing
the wonderstuff - give, give, give me, more, more, more

about an hour + of the Annie Nightingale interview w/ Zane Lowe + her favourite songs.
got as far as the point covering her getting all excited about The Duranies - missed the beginning, so I'll listen to it all on iplayer laters.
(Had better be on there). Great story about The Clash betting her a Cadillac that London Calling wouldn't reach the top ten, and about Underworld before they were Underworld - if she'd known they were starving/having the leccy cut off in their early days, they could've come and lived with her:D:cool:

& she influenced Underworld by playing a 20minute track (one whole side of one of their albums) by Tangerine Dream, on her request show.

Massively unexpected to suddenly hear Wreckless Eric talking on radio 1 (and Whole Wide World played at around 7-8pm ) :eek::cool:
Apparently it got so many requests & plays that he got investigated under suspicion of sending in the requests himself.

v/a - Bangra Fever cd1

Ludacris - "Back For First Time"

I love Luda, but this isn't as tight as his later albums. Still nice Dirrrrtyy South stuff though. :cool:

Gentle Giant - "Just The Same" - from "Freehand" (1975)

(thanks dlx1)

I may have to remind myself of Van Der Graaf Generator now - another band name from my school haversack. :cool:

Oh Yes. :cool: :cool:

Bob Dylan - No Direction Home the soundtrack : bootleg series vol.7

the early unreleased stuff on disc 1 is magical, don't think I ever made it to cd 2, thought it wouldn't that good being familiar songs. god I was wrong

fuck

fuck the alt versions of Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (slightly sadder sound/feel to it and lots of little differences to the lyrics) and Desolation Row (more fragile, not quite the same tune/melody? ) are devastatingly beautiful.

*wishing I had alcohol*

Acid folk collection from Japan... (can't read the japanese script/title). Surprisingly, it's more on the folky side than the psychedelic- including a lot of french bands which I've never heard (of) before-
Right now, it's a warbly french lady singing about courtly love, with hurdy-gurdy drones in the background... Quite nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom