Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vinyls urban myths without you and groove elastic no way back. Lenny fontana chocolate sensation, which i absolutely love for its simplicity. Loletta holloway does some frikkin ace lyrics on loads of different trax. Not forgetting bit of eddie amador classic. Gwarn get the lot shoved on cant do no harm, til i bust the speaker...or start torturing my mates who just dunt dig house..lol..again. I have been banned from having any jbl or turbo kit, shit speakers bound to blow when ya shocking one out. Lol tis my excuse anyway.

now there was a fcuking label eh?
know am bumping old but am just reading bak on all ya tunes u listen to. One of my dex is busted cry me a fukin river. JBO i agree i got a few on that label knockin abart. Not my fav label but ye sweet. Jokin aside i think i'd try n mix a turd if it was record shaped i love the thrill of the mash

882.jpg

On a bit of a streak there NVP :) :cool:

I've got the first Dreadzone album going in the car - perfect in the sunshine, at full whack :cool:

On a bit of a streak there NVP :) :cool:

I've got the first Dreadzone album going in the car - perfect in the sunshine, at full whack :cool:

Do you know much about this digi-dub malarkey?

There's some great newer-sounding tracks on that Dub Echoes album and I think i might be missing out. I always associated digi-dub with Zion Train and all that bollocks.

There's some great newer-sounding tracks on that Dub Echoes album and I think i might be missing out. I always associated digi-dub with Zion Train and all that bollocks.

There's loads of great modern dub influenced stuff (plus plenty of dreadful zion train\dreadzone type stuff). That comp looks like a decent launchpad though. Might well pick it up myself...

yesterday: Head automatica - Decadance & Heavy Metal Britannia on the BBC on the telly

today: Ray Charles - Ray (budget comp)

To be perfectly honest, that term means fuck all to me. I would just refer to it all as dub. I know genre categories can be really useful, but I have a contrary inbuilt loathing of a lot of them. Americana is the worst offender of all, and just sends me into red mist territory.

There's loads of great modern dub influenced stuff (plus plenty of dreadful zion train\dreadzone type stuff). That comp looks like a decent launchpad though. Might well pick it up myself...

Dreadzone - dreadful? I admit that some of the later albums were a bit shoddy, but that first album's a fucking cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom