Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm conducting an experiment to see how many times I can listen to 'Sound and Vision' by David Bowie back to back without getting bored of it. It could be a long night :eek:

Carefull now - I did something similar with the last few tracks on Diamond Dogs and had him singing "someone to shame us...we want you Big Brother" folowed by the Chant Of Ever Circling Skeletal Family, as an earworm for ages.

Carefull now - I did something similar with the last few tracks on Diamond Dogs and had him singing "someone to shame us...we want you Big Brother" folowed by the Chant Of Ever Circling Skeletal Family, as an earworm for ages.

Hehe. Last time I got Sound and Vision stuck in my head I found myself singing it to my pint in the pub without realising it, surrounded by baffled friends :eek::D

Uncut - Drifter's Escape
: The music that inspired Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding and Nashville Skyline

Been listening to an Eluvium album this morning. It's very nice and all, but the cheap synths make it sound quite like one of those relaxation tapes that are advertised during the day on Channel 5 :D

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
Van Morrison - Moondance
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks

I never get tired of Van the (grumpy old) Man.:cool:

today has seen ...

blitzen trapper - wild mountain nation
peanut butter wolf - best of
roni size - breezeblock mix 2001

np:
fred (lemon jelly) deakin - the triptych cd1

Trotsky Icepick - poison summer
Substute - The Songs Of The Who
Bowie's doing his ever so slightly odd version of Pictures Of Lilly (in the style of Everyone Says Hi off Heathen + overly lush backing vocals/music) atm:D:D
eta: Pearl Jam are shite

Van Morrison - Keep it simple.

Do have a listen folks. :D

Avaialable at BtJunkie. :D

Bought this yesterday - I really like it.:cool:

But now I am listening to:

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - Ska Evangelists on The Run
Beth Orton - Central Reservation
Mark Lanegan - I'll Take Care of You

stuff i'm listening to repeatedly rather than just sticking on once every now and again:

terry riley - the harp of new albion
quickspace - 1st cd (yaaay! :D)
stars of the lid - gravitational pull...
port-royal - flares
vaughan williams - fantasia on a theme of thomas tallis
kraftwerk - computer world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom