Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Fireworks were tv graphics........

And the little girl who sang was miming because the real singer was too ugly :eek: (of course, she isn't)

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/olympics/article.html?in_article_id=260852&in_page_id=310

That is really fucked up.

Chen Qigang, the general music designer of the ceremony, said: 'The reason why little Yang was not chosen to appear was because we wanted to project the right image, we were thinking about what was best for the nation.

'The reason was for the national interest. The child on camera should be flawless in image, internal feelings, and expression.

:mad:

Woof

linmiaoke_450x250.jpg

So she's got a couple of crooked teeth and she's a bit chubby, big deal :mad:

She looks lovely and much more sincere than the precocious little madam who was on stage who probably came out of China's equivalent of the Sylvia Young school

Oh fer fuck's sake! :rolleyes:

Still, means London still has a chance of comparing, just have to make sure the participants are eating real eel pies.

big deal...

both the girls look like little shits anyway - except the prettier one seems happier than the ugly one - what's new?

beautiful females in most cultures, from start to finish, always seem get an easier ride in life.

According to the Metro she stole the show. Really? Not the Olympic rings rising up off the floor, or the magic scroll, or people running horizontally on a massive globe, or... well, you get the point. You can see a cute kid on 64%* of TV ads.

*not scientifically proven.

Oh fer fuck's sake! :rolleyes:

Still, means London still has a chance of comparing, just have to make sure the participants are eating real eel pies.

I had this image of a giant, Notting Hill Carnival style opening ceremony with everything from bangra to breezer drinkers and Scotsmen driven mad by Buckfast...

According to the Metro she stole the show. Really? Not the Olympic rings rising up off the floor, or the magic scroll, or people running horizontally on a massiv globe, or... well, you get the point. You can see a cute kid on 64%* of TV ads.

well...if the little chinese girl was his highlight - that Metro writer has issues.
(and he probably spends his summer holidays in bangkok).

for me, it was that dude that ran around the Bird's Nest before flamethrowing the giant olympic torch.

The scroll, without a doubt. And the dudes in boxes. And the drummers with the glowsticks (altho it made the place look like gatecrasher circa 2003)...the little kids were pretty cheesy really...

What next?

Those drummers (the highlight for me) were actually synching to a bank of Roland 808s in a studio somewhere in the depths of the Bird's Nest?

Did they get Burial to do the sequencing?

Does it matter?

no.

i watched the highlights of the opening and hats off to the chinese - they put on a really good show - one of my all time favs.

you're always gonna get people that watch it from a Daily Mail/western imperialist view - 'oh, they've been planning this for years. if they don't perform or put on a good show, they'll be executed.' or, 'the chinese can't be trusted - even their fireworks are fake.'

was a great opening - just hope the UK can live up to it.

What next?

Those drummers (the highlight for me) were actually synching to a bank of Roland 808s in a studio somewhere in the depths of the Bird's Nest?

Did they get Burial to do the sequencing?
Do you know where were they from? We heard about the bagpipe troupe, but not the djembe group- do you know anything about them? They were great!

Fake fireworks? Switching child singers? Next they'll be claiming the whole of Beijing has been turned into a big Potemkin village to impress foreign visitors or something...

Not tv graphics - pre-recorded fireworks. Still disappointing though.

Same, same, no?

The footprints did actually launch as seen on tv, but the overhead shot ostensibly from a helicopter, following the footsteps towards the stadium was indeed, a 55 second CGI sequence, inserted by the Chinese as they didn't think that a. the timing could be done, and b. it would be too dangerous for the pilot.

The fact that it was a CGI sequence was known to broadcasters, for example NBC in the States announced that it was fake as they showed it live, the BBC chose not to, or omitted to mention it.

I remember at the time saying "WOW" out loud about that particular shot - and if it's not real - they really shouldn't have included it. God knows the rest of it was impressive enough.

Yeah just heard it was pre recorded footage(only the fireworks), as they were 'concerned' about the visibility of the games, or something.

Still shocking to hear though.

We're fortunate that there was only this small amount of fakery. At least China improved their human rights in-line with the IOC recommendations which formed part of the Chinese winning these games... :hmm:

beautiful females in most cultures, from start to finish, always seem get an easier ride in life.

you're always gonna get people that watch it from a Daily Mail/western imperialist view - 'oh, they've been planning this for years. if they don't perform or put on a good show, they'll be executed.' or, 'the chinese can't be trusted - even their fireworks are fake.'
I love the way you read every criticism of the Beijing Olympics, no matter how valid these criticisms are, as an expression of imperialistic thuggery. You're a despot's dream :D

Sad, really.

I love the way you read every criticism of the Beijing Olympics, no matter how valid these criticisms are, as an expression of imperialistic thuggery. You're a despot's dream :D

Sad, really.

why the sadness purves?
just have alot of connection with folks from that part of the world.
i'm sorry but they're not as repressed as you want them to be...

Back
Top Bottom