Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Old folk shake fists at the pop charts

ska invita

back on the other side
Here is a link to the UK chart

THis got to number 2 - currenty 10
I dare you to listen to it all the way through (its less than 2 minutes long)

jesus h fucking christ all mighty
how did this ever happen?
quite funny youtube comments tbf

look forward to everyones future sniping at stuff in the charts

Tion Wayne has ruined a perfectly good LaRoux tune as well. :mad:

That's when you know you're old, when stuff you still think of as "reasonably recent" is sampled like it's from the Sixties.

Oh and Aitch with Fools Gold, the little toerag.

Strictly speaking, it's been downhill since Bach, but there have been Moments. This isn't one of them.

Sounds like the sort of whiny crap the London rappers were doing fifteen years ago tbh. Why have the young people stopped doing new things? Probably all too busy doing twitch on their iphones.

Seriously is this getting a-list BBC radio play? Can someone ask one of their children please. I might write a very stern letter if so.
Theres a lot of this stuff about on radio 1 atm - I guess its stuff that gets popular on YouTube and the like with kids and R1 needing to respond to stay relevant. Cf. That Aitch character.

I quite like a lot of contemporary UK rap, but there is an awful amount of shit about tbh. The Central Cee video in the OP reminds me of 'mans not hot' Big Shaq. And that was a parody from five minutes ago. ..

I've heard far worse records in that style tbh. Some of the lines rhyme with some of the others. How you you can steal such a great pop hook and make it sound so shit I'm not sure, but I guess it's an achievement of sorts.

What in actual fuck is this??!!

To my old-man-shaking-fist-at-cloud ears, I don't get tracks like this. The have no energy to work in a club and are too tuneless to listen to at home - so what's the point?

Last edited:
What in actual fuck is this??!!

To my old-man-shaking-fist-at-cloud ears, I don't get tracks like this. The have no energy to work in a club and are too tuneless to listen to at home - so what's the point?

It's just over produced mumbling. Sounds like an advert, well it is, for Amiris, which I know now are trainers that cost £700. I'm not the audience I know but I don't even understand what half of the comments mean.

I'm going to petition the BBC to bring back Top of the Pops just so I can see a geriatric Pans People dancing to that in a flared trouser suit and flowing chiffon scarf

Back
Top Bottom