Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Old 01 dialling code - photos needed

on the basis it's never open when i go past (when the shutter is down it hides the 01 in the window), i've resorted to street view

clock / watch repairer on Burnt Ash Hill, Lee

1640551692681.png

bonus points for also having an 081 number on display by the door. no visible 0181 to make the full set though (and it opened some time in the 80s so not old enough to have a number with the exchange name)

on the basis it's never open when i go past (when the shutter is down it hides the 01 in the window), i've resorted to street view

clock / watch repairer on Burnt Ash Hill, Lee

View attachment 303195

bonus points for also having an 081 number on display by the door. no visible 0181 to make the full set though (and it opened some time in the 80s so not old enough to have a number with the exchange name)
Lovely stuff. Cheers :)

Apologies for the crapitude of the picture - I was at a red light and this was the only shot I could get so the 01 is partially obscured (back-scured?) by the light. But a car dealership in, I think, Wimbledon Chase is sporting a number almost as old as what looks to be a Rolls Corniche inside.

01code_wimbledon.jpg

Oh, that's very near where I am, I hadn't spotted that - but yeah kind of obvious now I see it and it is the same exchange I am on, Albert Dock. Nice find!
I'm now sitting in my front room which stinks of shit because the cat we have just adopted dropped an 02 in the carrier on the way back from seeing that sign.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom