Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Old 01 dialling code - photos needed

Whereabouts was the photo taken stdP ?

One of the houses on the west side of Croxted Road close to Brockwell Park, just a wee bit under the bridge and up the hill, taken from the top deck of the Number 3. If I find myself walking around the area I'll try and bag a better shot.

Approximate location: OpenStreetMap

One of the houses on the west side of Croxted Road close to Brockwell Park, just a wee bit under the bridge and up the hill, taken from the top deck of the Number 3. If I find myself walking around the area I'll try and bag a better shot.

Approximate location: OpenStreetMap
Thank you :)

Clocked this one in Crystal Palace this week, as I bought a Christmas present for our tortoise.

View attachment 357974

I go past this at least once a week but didn't post any pics on the basis that it was already included on the blog :)

In similarly whelming news, I scooted past an 01 on what I think was Portland Road in the approximately Selhurst area, but failed to bring the camera to bear in time.

Here's one I saw earlier this week...

20230227_125852.jpg

It's not a actually a real place though, it was an installation in the Beyond the Streets exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery :D I did check the name and number to see if the sign had belonged anywhere before but can't find anything!

We have one down the road thats the opposite, we were on 02 and they added a 1 to make it 012. Signs still up with original number on the local shop.

I go past this at least once a week but didn't post any pics on the basis that it was already included on the blog :)

12 years seemed a reasonable period for me to offer an update on the status 😉

It's not a actually a real place though, it was an installation in the Beyond the Streets exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery :D
Haha, you sod. I took the same picture yesterday with the intention of posting here. Grrr. What a great exhibition though.

Haha, you sod. I took the same picture yesterday with the intention of posting here. Grrr. What a great exhibition though.
Yes indeed!
You were unlucky there, I had an E ticket on my phone or I wouldn't have otherwise had access to a camera as I don't normally take it out :D

Some rich pickings in West Ealing this weekend. First a couple of not-so-impressive 0181's:
ealing_0181.jpg
ealing_0181_2.jpg

What I think is an implicit 01 on another well-worn shopfront:
ealing_implicit_01.jpg

And finally, we hit paydirt on some paving slabs.
ealing_square_deal_pavings_01.jpg

Here's one I saw earlier this week...

View attachment 365214

It's not a actually a real place though, it was an installation in the Beyond the Streets exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery :D I did check the name and number to see if the sign had belonged anywhere before but can't find anything!

I've been planning a trip down south to see that exhibition :cool:

Back
Top Bottom